Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Awesome head! Make the switch. No pics of the wound but had a pass htru on an elk last year.

·
aka former "treeslayer"
7,533 Posts
Probably one of the easiest tuning broadheads out there. Spot on with straightness and sharp as you could ever want.

BTW: Did I tell you I shoot Slick Tricks? The Strikers are for my wife's bow!:eek::zip:

·
Registered
707 Posts
Great broadhead, each one is spin tested. IF you want to save a few bucks G5 makes an identical broadhead for Basspro under its Redhead brand called Blackout and sells for $25. Only difference is its 1/16th smaller.

·
Classifieds Administrator
39,367 Posts
Probably one of the easiest tuning broadheads out there. Spot on with straightness and sharp as you could ever want.
QUOTE]

I agree, these things fly awesome and are SCARY sharp. Sharpest heads I have ever seen out of the package. You can't go wrong with the G5 Striker.

·
Registered
232 Posts
I would like to add to my post. How do you think they would fly with a 300 fps. bow?
Hard to say, way too many variables. If the bow is tuned very well, I would say they will fly well. I shoot abot 275 with no problems.

·
Up a Tree.......
3,197 Posts
I love them fly great and sharpppppppp. I got a few of the new magnums I am going to play with this week if the weather holds........

·
In 'Da Head
24,266 Posts
Here is a whole thread of Striker kills

http://archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=653224

As for flight-->very good and I've thrown them at around 310 fps with excellent results (2 inch Blazers). The farthest I've shot them is at 102 yards, so if you are going to shoot beyond that, let us know how they do:)

·
Registered
3,322 Posts
Since noone else is willing to actually put a pic of their kills on here, here ya go...2006 elk, 22 yards, clean pass into the mountain behind.

Attachments

·
Registered
8,392 Posts
They do the job, not as good a bloodtrail as some. But almost certain a pass through.
Not sure why you say they don't leave a good blood trail as "some"!:confused:

Placement is the key! Strikers are top notch, and DO get the job done, with AMAZING blood trails. Search DOC's threads, you'll see! :wink:

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
By far the sharpest blade I have used.

I started to tune my '07 Vectrix last year with my old arrow and broadhead combo. I could not get it to tune. Switched arrow spine twice (as I was using a reputable broadhead) and still could not get it to tune. I switched to the 100gr Striker and it flew perfect.

(I am shooting 28"DL 70# Vectrix -100gr Strikers on 500...yes 500's easton axis arrows weighing 385gr finished and it is shooting 284fps) Now I'm just waiting for someone to tell me how wrong of an arrow combo I am shooting.....Hey, it works for me.

JDoupe

·
Registered
4,247 Posts
Not sure why you say they don't leave a good blood trail as "some"!:confused:

Placement is the key! Strikers are top notch, and DO get the job done, with AMAZING blood trails. Search DOC's threads, you'll see! :wink:
I'll vouch for the bloodtrails too!

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
I like em, I had some issues geting them to fly straight,,, it was probably me. i mean this was at first... I got two deer with em last year.

This was the first,,, I ended up shooting her three times :embara: i spine shot her the first time. The arrow passed through all but 5". I thought i pulled the shot, shot again, and did the same thing again! but it passed through. So.. i got out of my tree. pikced up the arrow i just shot and finished her off, both lungs. Poor girl lasted less then a minute after that. Im not sure what happened though... i shot my dozen arrows, and only three would shoot straight. And with those three i was killing the center at 30 yards. I went hunting, and they all hit high. Went home re-tuned them. they all hit high, picked 3 arrows that hit high the first tuning session and they hit prefect out to 30 yards. no problems after that, heres my first of the 07 season.

(excuse the dumb look on my face)

My first buck with a bow. he was getting ready to run, hit him a little far back, but the exit was in the lung, he ran about 100 yards, i watched him go down. Gave him some time, but he was stiff when i found him 3-4 hours later. i did break one of the blades thought, but they are replaceable.

definantly using them again this year, gonna try the new magnum blades too :)

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
Best Broadhead that i have ever used.....
I had mine flying right with my field tips out to 50yds.and they are SUPER SHARP!!!!!

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
Best broadhead IMO

Attachments

1 - 20 of 32 Posts