Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've never seen this buck before last night. I'd love to run into the buck that whipped his hind end next year! Notice all the scars on his back, broken G2's on both sides and G3 on the right and he's blind in one eye!

MDGC0116 (2).jpg MDGC0120 (2).jpg

MDGC0126 (2).jpg

·
Born yank raised south
16,806 Posts
Yeah he looks like a sure enough scrapper. He looks like a fairly young buck too to have that much scarring and damage to his body.

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yea, he's probably only 2 1/2 but I guess he could be 3 1/2. Either way he's been going at it. I've got several really good bucks in the area so evidently one of them decided to show him who the king of the woods is.

·
Born yank raised south
16,806 Posts
Yeah going by body size and horn size I was thinking 2.5 years old too. If he is that aggressive now wait until his body and horns catch up to his testosterone level. He will be the bull of the woods for sure. Hopefully he makes it to 4 years old or 5 years old for you he is going to be an awesome buck to watch over the next several years.

·
Registered
933 Posts
Yeah going by body size and horn size I was thinking 2.5 years old too. If he is that aggressive now wait until his body and horns catch up to his testosterone level. He will be the bull of the woods for sure. Hopefully he makes it to 4 years old or 5 years old for you he is going to be an awesome buck to watch over the next several years.
Bucks that are this aggressive rarely make it to that age structure. They are either called in and shot or are killed in battle.

·
Born yank raised south
16,806 Posts
Bucks that are this aggressive rarely make it to that age structure. They are either called in and shot or are killed in battle.
I know that is why I said hopefully...Lol. I had one like that last year I called him in late season and killed him. He gave me fits because he would come in about 10 minutes too early or too late for the shot. One grunt and he would stroll in like he owned the place. The day he died he grunted one time and I hit the can and he was on top of me in about 30 seconds. He was about 10 minutes too late getting back to his morning bed.

·
outback1
5,057 Posts
the scars on his back are from him his own antlers when he scratches his back, you'll see alot of bucks like that.

·
Registered
425 Posts
That's the kind of buck that pokes a hole in a 170" deer and kills him, He clearly likes to fight. He's got to go.

·
Registered
28,624 Posts
Yes he is.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Looks like he may be blind in one eye as well. Look at the pics, all other creatures eyes are glowing in the camera flash, all but the buck's right eye.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Yeah, but you should have seen the other guy!:angry:

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
the scars on his back are from him his own antlers when he scratches his back, you'll see alot of bucks like that.
That's an awful lot of back scratching there! And the scars are on his back, side and shoulder...I'm sticking with the fighting theory.

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Looks like he may be blind in one eye as well. Look at the pics, all other creatures eyes are glowing in the camera flash, all but the buck's right eye.
Sure is. I've heard of guys killing old warrior bucks that are blind in one eye and all beat up but I've never seen one this young. He's got a lot of potential so if he can keep himself from getting smoked the next couple of years I may have a stud on my hands!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts