Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
74,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Go to one of your favorite stands and find this. Could be worse, I could have been in it:tongue:

Harvested many deer out of this tree. It was a perfect set up and so darn comfortable.:mad:

Attachments

·
74,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
It Happens

Just hoe it never happens while Im in it

Attachments

·
Registered
395 Posts
i had a pine tree fall over in an ice storm and rip my stand off another tree...sucks!

·
In 'Da Head
24,266 Posts
Just be glad it fell when it did. Could you imagine climbing up that thing and riding it to the ground?:eek:

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Doc said:
Just be glad it fell when it did. Could you imagine climbing up that thing and riding it to the ground?:eek:
:eek: I woudl be hunting outta Groundblinds for the rest of my life...:confused:

·
74,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Most likely all that stress I put it under all them years

Doc said:
Im no little light weight:tongue:
DB

·
Registered
19,452 Posts
Daniel Boone said:
DB
I was thinking maybe that is why the tree went ......

just kiddin Dan......glad you're ok!

·
In 'Da Head
24,266 Posts
Daniel Boone said:
DB
I was going to say something to that effect, that the tree would have rather committed suicide than hold you up another year, but I didn't know how upset you were about losing the stand site.:wink: Find a nice ash or oak.

·
Banned
333 Posts
that always hurts. maybe try a tree close by . looks like the down trees made an even better funnel! keep us posted
dan
:)

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
Time for a tower blind ?

·
7,984 Posts
One of the reasons I am trying a ground blind some this year....don't get me wrong, I will be in a tree alot, just felt like trying something different.....not to mention, the ground will be way more comfortable for me.

·
74,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Im a tree hugger

fasst said:
One of the reasons I am trying a ground blind some this year....don't get me wrong, I will be in a tree alot, just felt like trying something different.....not to mention, the ground will be way more comfortable for me.

Ill be in the tree, ladder stands are mostly what I use the most the older I get.:tongue:
DB

·
7,984 Posts
Daniel Boone said:
Ill be in the tree, ladder stands are mostly what I use the most the older I get.:tongue:
DB

Theres a few areas on my lease that a ground blind offers a way better shot that a tree stand.....

and a 10-4 on the ladders....one of my fav stands is a 16 ft 2-man ladder....plenty of room for this big fella to get comfy with all my gear :tongue:

·
Registered
3,113 Posts
Ouch!
I don't know if anyone remembers but last season I posted something similar.
One morning I went out and found a nice big tree laying where I set my ground blind up. Luckily I don't leave it out, and even more so I wasn't there when it fell.

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
I don't know if it's just the picture angle or what, but it doesn't look like it would have been much of a fall...was that stand only 6 feet off the ground? Still good not to be in it when it goes.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Tree Stand

I find that a lot in Ontario the wind takes down trees all the time. They do not get very root bound. I hope you can find something just as good.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
You should wittle a selfbow out of that trunk so that your tree could live and hunt on!

·
Relocated Cajun
10,974 Posts
I rode one down two years ago. Pretty fun until you hit the ground.

Plan on using at least 3 weeks sick leave if you do ride one down.

Groundblind guru now :)

1 - 20 of 43 Posts