Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You can't say I didn't warn ya!
OK if it isn't obvious since there aren't any hunting seasons open for me right now, I've been getting stuff ready for hunting camp. You folks on the east coast can just hunt out the back door but those that live in the west usually drive several hours to setup cam. I know you can buy these for a lot less than it cost to make but I had all the parts in the shop and so I made this to replace the crappy setup I cobbled together last year. My plan is to cut the bottom out of the plastic bag and secure it so the wind doesn't blow it up on your back side while you are doing your business.
It's an extremely stable throne!
Standing_open.jpg standing_closed.jpg

Here is a view of the backside...so to speak.
Rear_view.jpg

·
Registered
5,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Here are a few other pictures as you may have guessed it folds down flat for space savings and packing.
Folded_Closed.jpg Folded_bottom.jpg
Here is a rim shot ...er I mean a picture of the rim that captures the plastic bag.
Rim_detail.jpg

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
****terrr

wht dont you just use a 5 gallon bucket ,
use it for storage on the way and a ****terr when you get there .

·
Registered
206 Posts
You can't say I didn't warn ya!
OK if it isn't obvious since there aren't any hunting seasons open for me right now, I've been getting stuff ready for hunting camp. You folks on the east coast can just hunt out the back door but those that live in the west usually drive several hours to setup cam. I know you can buy these for a lot less than it cost to make but I had all the parts in the shop and so I made this to replace the crappy setup I cobbled together last year. My plan is to cut the bottom out of the plastic bag and secure it so the wind doesn't blow it up on your back side while you are doing your business.
It's an extremely stable throne!
View attachment 2281698 View attachment 2281706

Here is a view of the backside...so to speak.
View attachment 2281714
Plastic is non degradable so you cannot just throw it away..you have to take it back home lol..La Wildman innovative idea is good..straight on the ground

·
Registered
5,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Don't over think it man....Keep it simple

Ha La_Wildman I like how you think! This was actually my first idea too but I only have 4 that are part of a matched set, I was pretty sure the wife would have noticed that one had a toilet seat attached. LOL. I had the plywood left over from repairing my tree stands and the pipe was off-cuts from the tent frame. As far as the 5 gallon buckets go, I'm not a big guy but those little seats on the 5 gallon buckets are bout 3 sizes too small. with 3 or 4 guys in camp the bucket fills up pretty fast too.

Plastic is non degradable so you cannot just throw it away..you have to take it back home lol..La Wildman innovative idea is good..straight on the ground
Well my plan is to cut the bottom out of the plastic bag. All the goobers are going into the pit the plastic is there just to ensure I don't miss and pee on my trousers that are wrapped around the ankles. When you are camping in the same spot for 2 weeks just doing your business where ever turns the woods around camp into a white dotted landscape of toilet paper and stink so digging a nice pit and burying it after the fact is a far nicer solution.

·
Bowhunter
6,440 Posts
We made a compost toilet with peat moss at my buddy's place in Ohio and believe it or not, it works. Once you are done, cover your "business" with the moss, you cannot smell it. It breaks down, but after awhile you do need to change the compost out because it gets full.

·
Registered
5,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
We made a compost toilet with peat moss at my buddy's place in Ohio and believe it or not, it works. Once you are done, cover your "business" with the moss, you cannot smell it. It breaks down, but after awhile you do need to change the compost out because it gets full.
What is really important here is how do you decide who's job it is to change out the compost?

Nicely done! One and all. http://biobagusa.com/
Thanks for the link, I was not planning on leaving the bottomless bag/poop shoot at the sight but now that I know I can get one that will break down that might change.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts