Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think many archers don't know about it "Marin bows don't need a bow press".
It's true you don't need to have a bowpress to adjust your bow's cam timing and install new limbs. Amazing bow they made. I have my first and second cougar risers have crack developing from the cable guide hole, PUG and Joel C kindly told me they will send a new riser soon based on lifetime warranty, and inform me not to use a bowpress. I was so surprised when I heard "Adjust bow without a bow press", but many other kind archers in the Archerytalk.com also advised me how to adjust my bow without a bow press.
So,,yesterday evening, I tried and successfull re-assembled my 2004 Scepter III without a bowpress! So Amazing!!!!

1. Take off 2 turns on the top limb bolt. Then go to the bottom limb bolt, and take off 2 turns.Then go back to the top limb bolt, and take off 2 turns. Keep going back and forth from one limb bolt to the other limb bolt.
Just back the limb bolts out and watch inside the barrel nuts so you don't back them out too far. When you can see through the barrel nut you should easily have enough tension off the strings to rotate the cam by hand and disconnect the cable and it all falls apart.
Put it together in reverse. Put the bolts in a few turns. Put the string on, rotate the cam to put the cable(s) on and then crank the bolts down.

Below is the enlarged photo of the barrel nuts hole

2. Hang string and cable on the cam postion

3. String and cables are installed on the position, and they got a little tenstion.

Then, crank dow the limb bolts

4. Finished!!! Ready to shoot now!!

Soooo amazing!!!!

I also intruduce the cam time adjustment without a bowpress and backing out limb bolts on my website in Japan and a famouse Korean archery website in S.Korea. they have more than 3000 members.

My website :
http://rambo.metroflex-samurai.com/me/martin.htm

The Korean website ;
http://cafe.daum.net/bigbow
You can find a thread titled "Martin Pround!!", if you visit the site and click below mene highlighten in red dotted line!

·
Registered
12,164 Posts
It sure is a great feature.

You can easily make adjustments in the field, on the couch, anywhere. :)

I don't know why more companies don't incorporate this feature in their bows.

·
Banned
3,338 Posts
X-through system and no bow press needed to work on your bow, two best kept secrets in the archery world. Everyone knows Martin is ahead of the game :).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts