Archery Talk Forum banner

This oughta put something down.

1988 Views 33 Replies 20 Participants Last post by  AzLongboard
I currently run a 50 lb omen as my primary hunting bow. It's shooting 435 grains at 280 which is about perfect.

Picked up this expedite nxt on trade for a hoyt I didn't shoot well. Maxed it out and sent a few arrows through it. This thing COOKS!

Attachments

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

· Registered
Bowtech Realm X and PSE Inertia 50lbs
7,041 Posts
your scale shows 422 not 435
you are talking about 2 different bows, which one is "this"?
maxed out the expidite, is iit 50 or 70lbs?

· Registered
4,474 Posts
All I can say for a 50 lb bow, even at 30" draw, that is super fast. And I been doing this a long time and tested a lot of stuff at 50lbs and that.....is fast for that weight. I have thought about trying one myself. I know the basic design for speed is there for these bows. Both the Expedite and the Omen.

· Registered
16,165 Posts
You shouldn't run with your bow
You clearly haven’t trained your bows well… my bow runs ahead of me and stops in the perfect spot every time… don’t have to carry it, and it plans the best stalk, I just meet it at the killing tree, or bush, or whatever landmark it chooses, which is always better than the one I would choose

#gamechanger

· Registered
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That photo is the xpedite.

All I can say for a 50 lb bow, even at 30" draw, that is super fast. And I been doing this a long time and tested a lot of stuff at 50lbs and that.....is fast for that weight. I have thought about trying one myself. I know the basic design for speed is there for these bows. Both the Expedite and the Omen.

· Registered
16,165 Posts
My bow is never in a case unless I'm traveling to hunt somewhere out of state.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk
I don’t even have a bow case… I used to but never used it. A little bit of moisture and a bow case becomes a bigger issue, it’s rarely dry enough to use one around here even if I wanted to.
I do agree though, if I was making a really long trip or flying, I’d get a case and use it for those rare occasions… as it is, my bow goes on a lot of 6-8hr drives In it’s birthday suit

· Registered
20,560 Posts
I don’t even have a bow case… I used to but never used it. A little bit of moisture and a bow case becomes a bigger issue, it’s rarely dry enough to use one around here even if I wanted to.
I do agree though, if I was making a really long trip or flying, I’d get a case and use it for those rare occasions… as it is, my bow goes on a lot of 6-8hr drives In it’s birthday suit
I agree a bow case and moisture can make a mess but here you can not transport a bow without it in a case and has to be zipped up. Unless MI law has changed I'd love to have it out of case to hang on back of seat to dry on way home.

· The Impartial Archer
24,848 Posts
Sarcasm key on........If you get them fast enough then everything else doesn't matter...........sarcasm key off. I know you probably understand that but it's worth mention.......

· Banned
Mathew's V3X 33 60#//DH Cavilier 25#//SW Spider XL 45#
1,100 Posts
I agree a bow case and moisture can make a mess but here you can not transport a bow without it in a case and has to be zipped up. Unless MI law has changed I'd love to have it out of case to hang on back of seat to dry on way home.
Big key word here, 'or'. Law just states it needs to be 'unloaded' which is pretty much always unless you're shooting lol. Back seat counts as not readily accessible
Font Electronic device Screenshot Darkness Terrestrial plant

· Registered
20,560 Posts
Big key word here, 'or'. Law just states it needs to be 'unloaded' which is pretty much always unless you're shooting lol. Back seat counts as not readily accessible View attachment 7785955
Might want to read the mi DNR rules and hand book for you hunting info on bow, crossbows and guns. Or is different for the rules.
Font Paper Parallel Paper product Screenshot

· Banned
1,100 Posts
Might want to read the mi DNR rules and hand book for you hunting info on bow, crossbows and guns. Or is different for the rules. View attachment 7785972
It's verbage and legalese. I moved here from AZ and really inquired local sheriff's about all the laws so I wasn't breaking any. A bow uncased in the backseat is considered not readily accessible in the eyes of the law because to be able to fire it is next to impossible. For a firearm and xbow I doubt it would fly in the cab unless in a case or locked. Granted, in legalese you're always running the risk of having to prove your side in court so DO NOT USE MY ADVICE AS LEGAL ADVICE. I did my own research for myself in my local area.

· Banned
1,100 Posts
Might want to read the mi DNR rules and hand book for you hunting info on bow, crossbows and guns. Or is different for the rules. View attachment 7785972
Forgot to put my research is specifically under the guise I'll NEVER have an occupant in my back seat.

· Registered
Bowtech SR6x3, Qad, Victory SS, Black Gold Sight
1,381 Posts
So are you guy's saying I can't have my bow in the passenger seat with a arrow nocked and my release on the string ,while driving down the back roads on a snowy day, with the heater on high, to dry it out?
Congratulations on the bow great speeds, hopefully it is perfect for you.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts