Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
20,569 Posts
I don’t even have a bow case… I used to but never used it. A little bit of moisture and a bow case becomes a bigger issue, it’s rarely dry enough to use one around here even if I wanted to.
I do agree though, if I was making a really long trip or flying, I’d get a case and use it for those rare occasions… as it is, my bow goes on a lot of 6-8hr drives In it’s birthday suit
I agree a bow case and moisture can make a mess but here you can not transport a bow without it in a case and has to be zipped up. Unless MI law has changed I'd love to have it out of case to hang on back of seat to dry on way home.

· Registered
20,569 Posts
Big key word here, 'or'. Law just states it needs to be 'unloaded' which is pretty much always unless you're shooting lol. Back seat counts as not readily accessible View attachment 7785955
Might want to read the mi DNR rules and hand book for you hunting info on bow, crossbows and guns. Or is different for the rules.
Font Paper Parallel Paper product Screenshot

· Registered
20,569 Posts
It's verbage and legalese. I moved here from AZ and really inquired local sheriff's about all the laws so I wasn't breaking any. A bow uncased in the backseat is considered not readily accessible in the eyes of the law because to be able to fire it is next to impossible. For a firearm and xbow I doubt it would fly in the cab unless in a case or locked. Granted, in legalese you're always running the risk of having to prove your side in court so DO NOT USE MY ADVICE AS LEGAL ADVICE. I did my own research for myself in my local area.
Well I received a ticket for in proper cased bow in my truck since it wasn't enclosed. I didn't do research I just was shown the rules and given a ticket when the federal national Huron forest guy called the DNR to check me since I was a smart azz to him.

Welcome to MI bet it's different weather from AZ

1 - 3 of 3 Posts