Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently run a 50 lb omen as my primary hunting bow. It's shooting 435 grains at 280 which is about perfect.

Picked up this expedite nxt on trade for a hoyt I didn't shoot well. Maxed it out and sent a few arrows through it. This thing COOKS!

Attachments

· Registered
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That photo is the xpedite.

All I can say for a 50 lb bow, even at 30" draw, that is super fast. And I been doing this a long time and tested a lot of stuff at 50lbs and that.....is fast for that weight. I have thought about trying one myself. I know the basic design for speed is there for these bows. Both the Expedite and the Omen.

· Registered
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
I own a bow case.. it's somewhere down in the basement. Never in my life have I taken a bow case when buying a bow from a shop.

Luckily in wv, we have some freedom left. They don't care where the weapon is as long as it's unloaded. We also have constitutional permit less carry.

Moral of the story, as long as you aren't doing coke, meth, or heroin in the vehicle, they pretty much leave us alone. And that's how I prefer it.

Well I received a ticket for in proper cased bow in my truck since it wasn't enclosed. I didn't do research I just was shown the rules and given a ticket when the federal national Huron forest guy called the DNR to check me since I was a smart azz to him.

Welcome to MI bet it's different weather from AZ

· Registered
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Sounds more like it's one of those laws written simply to generate revenue.

It sounds like it wouldn’t have mattered, sounds like it was more of a personal problem than a protect and serve situation…. A ticket written in spite

1 - 5 of 5 Posts