Archery Talk Forum banner

This oughta put something down.

1987 Views 33 Replies 20 Participants Last post by  AzLongboard
I currently run a 50 lb omen as my primary hunting bow. It's shooting 435 grains at 280 which is about perfect.

Picked up this expedite nxt on trade for a hoyt I didn't shoot well. Maxed it out and sent a few arrows through it. This thing COOKS!

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Banned
Mathew's V3X 33 60#//DH Cavilier 25#//SW Spider XL 45#
1,100 Posts
I agree a bow case and moisture can make a mess but here you can not transport a bow without it in a case and has to be zipped up. Unless MI law has changed I'd love to have it out of case to hang on back of seat to dry on way home.
Big key word here, 'or'. Law just states it needs to be 'unloaded' which is pretty much always unless you're shooting lol. Back seat counts as not readily accessible
Font Electronic device Screenshot Darkness Terrestrial plant

· Banned
1,100 Posts
Might want to read the mi DNR rules and hand book for you hunting info on bow, crossbows and guns. Or is different for the rules. View attachment 7785972
It's verbage and legalese. I moved here from AZ and really inquired local sheriff's about all the laws so I wasn't breaking any. A bow uncased in the backseat is considered not readily accessible in the eyes of the law because to be able to fire it is next to impossible. For a firearm and xbow I doubt it would fly in the cab unless in a case or locked. Granted, in legalese you're always running the risk of having to prove your side in court so DO NOT USE MY ADVICE AS LEGAL ADVICE. I did my own research for myself in my local area.

· Banned
1,100 Posts
Might want to read the mi DNR rules and hand book for you hunting info on bow, crossbows and guns. Or is different for the rules. View attachment 7785972
Forgot to put my research is specifically under the guise I'll NEVER have an occupant in my back seat.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts