Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i've been out of the woods from hutning for the past 4 years and started scouting the property, and i've found some nice deer i would love to get into the freezer! It was alos nice to see about a dozen fawns from this year running around, and seeing that yes it's time to trim down the herd!...BUT...last night is not how i wanted to do it!

on the way home last night i was less than 200 yards from the drive way and one of the little fawns ran out infront of me! it's the first deer i've ever hit with a car. only i minor little dent in the grille of the car that's hardly noticeable but it sucked that i hit the deer!... i wouldn't mind it being mama or daddy but i want the little ones to grow to fit in the freezer!...it actually was a bad ending to a good weekend!

Pat

·
Smilin' Bob
25,077 Posts
With your deductible it'll come out to $25+/pound.:wink:

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
=-)

HAHAHA....no worries about that...small deer almost nothing on it!...also the damage is soo minor that you probably wouldn't tell!

·
Registered
8,134 Posts
My father hit a fawn last year. Little thing was only a couple of months old. He's all tender hearted and it bugged him that he killed the little sucker, but it happens.

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
It'd sure make a nice pelt for laying over the back of your EZ chair. :tongue:

Always wanted one, just can't bring myself to cause harm to the little ones. :cry:

But when I go back to the Brushy Hills Ranch for another hog hunt......I'll be looking for an Axis buck/doe...:wink:....so I can have a pelt w/some pretty little spots. Not to mention the good tasting meat! :tongue: :tongue:

Greg

1 - 7 of 7 Posts