Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A buddy and I were driving to Kansas City today. About 50 miles south of KC a truck with a 4x4 4wheeler in the back blows by us. The tailgate is down and on it is at least a 8 pt buck that was field dressed and stuffed with bags of ice.

Kansas and Oklahoma deer season has not started yet. this truck had Illinois plates on it. Not sure where it came from, but was heading north back to Il I am assuming. Is it in season in Texas?

Would this deer really be any good after at least a i day trip?

I have pic on my phone, but can't get it off right now.

any thoughts?

thanks

Ron

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
I have no clue as to season dates in that part of the country. I have never had damage permits but I have been told that here in Ohio you can shoot deer out of season and you can use rifles if you have damage permits. Ohio is a shotgun only state for those of you that don't know. What I'm saying is that some states may be very liberal if they issue damage permits. Just a thought. The dude was either legal or quite possibly the most ******ed person in the world. Just a thought...............

I would agree that the meat transportation is very questionable. It should have been at least quartered and put into a cooler. I wouldn't think that the direct sunlight could do the meat any favors, even with the ice. No thanks.................:pukey:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts