Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
2,380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well the hand full of total die hard field archers here in NC just had to take care of that nasty field archery itch we acquired over the winter.
So jarlicker, Macaholic, Psargeant and Treaton set out on a mission this three day weekend. Shoot a full 28 target field round each day at a different range.

Well Friday we started off at DCWC we had 3Dshooter80 and Mean Gene join us for the days action. Had a blast great weather. DCWC was ready for action. 3d shooter and Treaton 20ed my new 45walk up tower. We had fun time shooting six across on several targets. Talk about lots of arrows in every dot. I was sure glad I did not have arrow calling duties. We finished up and then drove off for some Mexicana.

Saturday up early again off to Kernersville to shoot Psargeants Stick And Wheel Range. Well the weather man added some extra zest for the day a good stiff wind to add to the already diffucult course layout. The first 4 targets were extra mean.Once we got over the hill and in deep woods the wind was no longer an issue. We had a great time had 4 new Field Newbies out learning the ropes. Among the crowd was lone eagle. Shooting was tough and challanging for this early season test. Then segway obstical course driving lessons for everyone. Thanks to Mac.Then off to sarge s place to indulge in barbiqued sausage and spirits. Then more segway obstical course self defence driving courses.

Up early Sunday, off the Treatons Place. He has just completed an awesome field range in the greatest setting I have ever shot in. His Cattle ranch.
What a neat layout. Target 1 cows in you face mooing constantly slight down hill 45yd into the pasture. #2 50 yrd slight uphill in the same field has the cows. Beef twenty yards from the bail and every where else. Tough shot.Ok leave the pasture to #3shoot a nasty little 65yd down hill good angle with wind.Tough shot. #4 staight up 30 over looking a fresh clear cut. Great hunting type shot. #5 The evil Treaton made a very nasty uphill, slight angle 80yd walk up. parrelling the clearcut, Poor footings. Very tough Field Shot.
#6 35 fan back in the woods. Good shot, straight up. #7 up and over the electric fence shoot a nice little 25 yarder #8 A nice slight down hill 40 yarder slight right tilt. Good shot. #9 Slight down hill 15yrd with a beautiful pond as a backdrop. Dont miss, your getting wet. Great wildlife spot.
#10 45walk up going around the lake nesting geese to pat attention to. Lake in full view. Awesome. #11 a sneeky little 20 yd with a funny angle. #12 a very nasty side hill down to the right 55 yarder across the lake dam. Both poor and good footings. Big ole dot should be easy but it is not. Excellent hard target. #13 birdie straight up. Nail it. #14 Straight as it gets 60 yarder shoot across a stream. Head back to the house for homemade Lemonaid and cookies. Treaton this place is awesome. Thanks for having us. Had a couple of field newbies shooting along with us.

Weather was great Carolina Blue all weekend. Everyone was shooting pretty good for the first time out this year.
Us NC Field Shooters hope to see more of you out playing field Archery games this season. We have fun................

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Looks great !! ill definately be making the gran-tour next time i'm in the area.

....... no B_B_Q at @ TREATONS PLACE ??? well, the season is early.....:mg:

All Terrain rubber on a segway.............. niiiiiiccccce ! :wink:

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
You Guys are Killing.....Me:cry::wink:
I guess this Yankee will have to move south..

If I was there... it would have been Rib Eyes and Yuengling....:darkbeer::darkbeer:

Cookies and Lemonaid.....yuk...:tongue:

·
Registered
4,738 Posts
What a weekend...I'll be icing down my shoulder for a day or two after this one...

Tons of arrows flung...plenty of drinking at casa de'sarge...watching Mac face plant off the segway chasing a bunny in the back yard:eek::rofl:...breaking in treatons new range:teeth:

Man its good to be outside...we had a total of 8 never before field shooters come out and join us at the 3 locations this weekend...several of them are now hooked I think...

Can't find the cord to get the pictures off of my phone just yet. Will post them once I find it...

·
Registered
34,251 Posts
What a weekend...I'll be icing down my shoulder for a day or two after this one...

Tons of arrows flung...plenty of drinking at casa de'sarge...watching Mac face plant off the segway chasing a bunny in the back yard:eek::rofl:...breaking in treatons new range:teeth:

Man its good to be outside...we had a total of 8 never before field shooters come out and join us at the 3 locations this weekend...several of them are now hooked I think...

Can't find the cord to get the pictures off of my phone just yet. Will post them once I find it...
Man I would have loved to see that:ROFLMAO:

You should be able to e-mail the pics to yourself from your phone...that's how I get mine off my phone.:)

·
Registered
4,738 Posts
Man I would have loved to see that:ROFLMAO:

You should be able to e-mail the pics to yourself from your phone...that's how I get mine off my phone.:)
Yeah, but it's a work phone, and while I probably would not get any trouble about it, I don't feel right spending the company's money on sending pics, especially when I have a cord...its that darn sense of right and wrong my parents drilled into me...

You should been there...Mac 3 sheets to the wind (we had polished off 1/2 a bottle of bourbon and 2 six packs at this point)...chasing bunnies on the Segway...well you know how well he sees (or rather doesn't see)...there's a ditch in my yard, he hit it at full speed...segway goes down, Mac goes flying...priceless stuff...

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
You should been there...Mac 3 sheets to the wind (we had polished off 1/2 a bottle of bourbon and 2 six packs at this point)...chasing bunnies on the Segway...well you know how well he sees (or rather doesn't see)...there's a ditch in my yard, he hit it at full speed...segway goes down, Mac goes flying...priceless stuff...
Sage....you need to be a little more selective in the information you give out:darkbeer:
we MIGHT get more of our northern brothers down for all this flinging, although BH and his gang appears to have had a good day:wink:

·
Registered
3,868 Posts
Great pictures!

Not trying to hijack, but what are those targets made of? Rubber? Never seen anything like that around here.

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
You Guys are Killing.....Me:cry::wink:
I guess this Yankee will have to move south..

If I was there... it would have been Rib Eyes and Yuengling....:darkbeer::darkbeer:

Cookies and Lemonaid.....yuk...:tongue:
Pressure is ON!!!
YOU need to come shoot with us, load up that rolling hotel and flee south sometime soon before the bugs come out:wink:

Treaton needs help with the range condiments for sure:rolleyes:
although Mom's homemade cookies and fresh lemonade were mighty tasty:)

·
Registered
4,738 Posts
Looks great !! ill definately be making the gran-tour next time i'm in the area.

....... no B_B_Q at @ TREATONS PLACE ??? well, the season is early.....:mg:

All Terrain rubber on a segway.............. niiiiiiccccce ! :wink:
We definitly need an excuse for another shoot across NC weekend...come and get you some...but you're buying the :darkbeer:

·
Registered
4,738 Posts
Pressure is ON!!!
YOU need to come shoot with us, load up that rolling hotel and flee south sometime soon before the bugs come out:wink:

Treaton needs help with the range condiments for sure:rolleyes:
although Mom's homemade cookies and fresh lemonade were mighty tasty:)
Man were those great cookies...coulda ate the whole batch...

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
although Mom's homemade cookies and fresh lemonade were mighty tasty:)[/QUOTE]

I sure they were....nothing liken homemade confections..

Getting the Itch to get the hotel rolling. and some field..

find me a campground in the area....

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.