Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My star student this weekend is learning how to follow through.

We start 'em young.

·
74,535 Posts
Lifes great!

Looks like a natural champion.

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
GRIV!

That's great, buddy! I'm expecting one of my own in the next couple of weeks, by the end of the month, for sure!! :D :D Maybe we'll have to venture out to Walla x2 for some infant archery lessons. :)

Take care,
--Mike

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
George my wife and I took our daughter onto the archery course when she was one week old back in 1991. This is where is is at today.

Attachments

·
Registered
9,807 Posts
move over mary Z

nice photo...and she's already got that "Michelle Ragsdale thing" of staring a hole in the target after the shot!!:D Good sign!

·
Registered
527 Posts
She's a keeper!!

GRIV-ly,
Is that your little one?? My little one just started Jr. High........she is ready, I am not!! And now for the ol' cliche, enjoy them while they are little because they grow up sooooo dang fast. Unfortunatley, I am finding out how true that is.

Adios,
Scott

·
Registered
2,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nope, That one is not mine. :)

It is my new nephew. Sarah's sister's baby. He was on loan this weekend. I am hoping that the new nephew might slow down Sarah's ticking clock for a while. :) I am still not ready for my own yet. I have too much travelling and shooting still to do.

Maybe one day.

·
Registered
3,231 Posts
WHOS CLOCK GEORGE ???;) rember 33yrs old lol
Looks like your a natural there buddy;)
Its good to wait till the time is right, i know i sure tried to hold the wife back also, but geez im glad i gave in! mine are soon to be
6 yrs and 4yrs, and i wouldnt know what to do with out them:D
Ken

Attachments

·
Registered
3,468 Posts
enjoy while you can

Guys, enjoy them while you can!!! My oldest is now seventeen and a junior in high school. Doesn't do archery any more( work, cars, girls--not in that order I'am sure) But he will graduate next year and leave for college, guess who will be crying the hardest in our family when that happens!!!!!! So enjoy while you can because time moves to fast.

·
Registered
807 Posts
Get Them and Enjoy Them While Ya Can

Those are some great photos!

I would second the words of wisdom of Shoot Str8, KEN-813, and x-ring-1,...my three are all grown, and out pursuing their life now,...I too wonder, where did the time go, and am so glad that we had them when we did, and that, even though I had to stay busy,...I made time,...quality and quantity time for/with them.

I have a little five month old granddaughter, and she is full of vigor,...gonna get her a little "leftie" bow in a short time as she is already using that left hand to grab at whatever is in her little arm's reach.

Two of mine are in post-secondary school, the oldest training in a voc-tech. school and the middle one attending a university preparing for a career as a special-ed. teacher. My youngest who just graduated high school is already working full-time and headed for voc-tech in the Spring.

Whew!!! indeed...where did the time go...
GRIV,...get on with it. You and your wife won't regret it for a minute. Your life will only be enhanced, and you will be able to include them in your endeavors, much more than you realize now.

JMHO ...and one with a whole lot of experience to share.

Bless All of You,
bowtinkerer ;)

·
Registered
745 Posts
I third everything that has been said. Mine is 4 now and it just seems like yesterday that I was holding him in the recliner rocking him to sleep. This year was his first year going turkey hunting, and buddy you want to have fun turkey, take a 4 year old and watch him. He was hitting the slat call trying to bring a big old tom in. I am taking him deer hunting this year in a two person tripod. I can't wait, and neither can he. He asks on a regular basis when he can go. He is, in his opinion, ready to stick a hog also.

I know that everybody has to do things on their own timing, but will enjoy the outdoors more by watching their expressions then ever before!:)

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Kids

I have a 15 and 12 year old boys that love to bowhunt....but the oldest is getting his first job soon which means it will be me and the youngest boy for awhile im sure......Ill be crying the blues. My boys are my best huntin partners! :D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts