Archery Talk Forum banner

Those of you that are filming your hunts

541 8
What camera's are you useing and are you using SD cards, or mini DV? Thanks for the help.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
625 Posts
I am useing a Canon HFS21 and its a great small camera, that wont break your bank to bad, has alot of the same features as the top cameras, looking to put a remote on mine for the camera arm this year save your money and check out bhphotovideo.com i believe is where i bought mine price is alot cheaper than say campbell cameras even with teh package deals they have i save quite a bit of money buying everything individually, or u can just get what u need now and work your way up on accessories but i would recommend a uv filter right away it gives more of a clearer picture

· Registered
1,067 Posts
Go with an HD camera, and SDHC cards, tapes are a pain. I use a Sony HDR-520V and an AX-2000, but Cannon also make a great camera. Shop around and look for the best options, the major drawback to palm cameras is the lack of manual focus and manual gain settings, both critical to filming in hunting situations.

· JustaNobody
1,991 Posts
If you arent sending the HD footage to anyone for use, id definitely go with the SD cards. I use a SONY DR60 HDD recorder in conjuction with my mini dv tapes so i will have both options. DR60 is an expensive addon however.

· Registered
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
cool, ive been using a smaller cannon with mini dv but I wanna take it to another level this year but with out breaking the bank. I just bought a new house so funds are a little tight right now.

· Banned
660 Posts
Ive been using a JVC Everio and get amazing picture quality, wouldnt trade it for the world!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.