Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just thinking....
If I stopped hunting today, within 3 years there would be just as many animals where I hunt as there are today. Everything would return to normal.
If a developer puts in a subdivision, he will not only ultimately result in the death of a number of animals, but he will kill the progeny of those animals and the progeny of their progeny, etc. until the end of time.
If I am a "murderer" in some peoples eyes, what is the developer?

·
Registered
3,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Good answer! Now if we could just get the antis to see the truth!

·
Registered
28,624 Posts
Vulturs of fortune.

·
Registered
3,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just had a rich man's kid start to turn about 3 miles of the White River into 3 acre lots with 4 big dugout ponds. He will divert water from the river through the ponds and stock with hatchery trout. So now the white River trout will have every hatchery disease there is, if they live. The ponds will of course warm up the river water before it goes back into the River so who knows if it will be too warm in the summer. Used to be Elk all along the river too. He has the water and land rights, so DOW can do nothing!
The guy has all the money he needs for the rest of his life but he thinks he just needs more! He first wanted to turn it into a golf course, and called in Greg Norman to plan one, but Greg told him he was freakin' nuts and said he wouldn't do the project, so now this.
Anyone want a 3 acre lot with lots of neighbors and a pond full of deformed hatchery rainbows for 1.5 mil? Yep. And he has already sold a bunch!
Remember the song "They don't know what they've got 'til it's gone. They paved paradise and put in a parking lot"! It'll never go back to what it once was.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts