Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at changing hunting releases, what are you thoughts on the Carter 1 shot? Currently using the Scott Little Bity Goose with cord connection, cord doesn't last me long enough.

·
Registered
21 Posts
2-shot

i have the carter one shot and the scott little bitty goose i liked the one shot better until the 2shot came out it is better than both.

·
Registered
9,673 Posts
Is the 2 shot the same size as the one shot, and is the distance from the trigger to the head the same? Also, is the connection on the 2 shot made with the nylon strap, or does it have the rope connector.

·
Registered
14,403 Posts
If I ever went back to shooting calipers, the only one I would use would be a Carter One Shot. It would be really nice if somehow you could get that thing on a Winn Free Flight glove!

But, I have to say that my shooting has become so much better and consistent under pressure after I dropped the calipers and started shooting BT with my Carter Fits Me, I use it for everything now, inlcuding deer and turkey. Its simply automatic, all I have to do is think about aiming. Perfect for hunting!

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
The way i see it is that a carter release should be left home for hunting. The reason for this in my mind is even with a wrist cord is going to be a pain in the butt to do anything with your draw hand because if you drop the release you'll have a big ol' Carter hanging off your wrist and gettin in the way.
I shoot a $25 Cobra and id take that over any Carter on any hunting trip! But for target... Anyone know where i could get that new Carter for cheap?!:D

·
Registered
21 Posts
2 shot

it has the nylon strap instead of the ropes and is smoother than the one shot, the trigger is more sensitive right out off the box to.I only had to make adjustments to the strap length

·
Registered
14,403 Posts
AJ008

I have a cuffed jacket and I slip the Carter up under the cuff when climbing the tree etc. Works great for me, and for my 2002 9 point directly to your left!

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
Lookin for a Solution 3. Figure if im going to do it im going to do it good. Plus i have a nasty habit of jerky the trigger and if i use the b/t on a 3 it might help.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts