Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking of getting one and cannot shoot one first.Heard they can be noisy so any thoughts

·
Registered
13,750 Posts
its a good bow and shoots well, they can be loud if not properly tuned...when tuned they are quiet and very dead in the hand

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Two things can make the Alien a little noisy. Out of time cams, or much more commonly, the string stop being bottomed out in its hole. I shot a doe at 18 yards from my ground blind and she just looked around and then slowly walked away. Not startled or spooked in any way.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Love mine and is pretty quiet!

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Had a d340 and a sr71 how does it compare to these in quietness?

·
Alien Mafia Member
3,765 Posts
I have two of them, one for hunting and one for 3D.
As already said, cam timing is critical as is string stop position.
I shortened the rods on mine and put a little memory foam in the holes before re-installing.
The 2010 bows stop is softer rubber than the 2009 version.
I swopped mine around as I figured the softer, quieter one was better off on the 2009 hunting bow.
People at the club keep telling me how quiet my 3d bow is (but bear in mind people over here mostly do not install any sort of noise suppresion on their bows as there is no bowhunting).
My hunting bow is quieter than the 3D one, easy on a par with my other bows, but I have whiskers on all cables as well as the string on the hunters.

Kev

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
anyone else?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts