Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got the opportunity yesterday to find out what Baldy's Archery is all about. After reading about them on here, I decided to buy my Insanity CPXL there. Let me just say all expectations I had were exceeded. I spoke with Dennis one afternoon about ordering the bow, he ordered it ASAP and it showed up 15 days later. These guys don't know the meaning of "close enough" as Ken spent more time on this bow than was spent on say the last 4 or 5 bows I bought elsewhere combined. He goes through a very methodical series of checks and tuning that I have never seen done before and you don't have to ask him to do it, its just the kind of person he his. I'm far from a pro level archer, but I can appreciate a bow that is tuned to perfection as this one is-believe me it shows after spending some time with it today. Its the way it should be when you spend your money on something like this. I cant wait for Dennis to build me a set of strings for my D340 and see what improvements can be made on that bow. Think I'll wait til they wade through some backlog, they are busy right now! Thanks guys!
As for the CPXL, I couldn't be happier. Its amazing how this bow aims. Love the 35 ata-very solid feeling bow. I wanted a finish that you don't see too often, so I ordered the APG sight unseen. It came in way better than I imagined, as I've seen some BT finishes that were lets say less than impressive. Lots of detail, vibrant colors, and minimal stretching on this one. Can't say about the durability on the limb finish, looks good for now though. All in all, I'm very happy with Bowtech and Baldy's. Thanks again Dennis and Ken.

bow2 e.jpg bow3 e.jpg bow e.jpg limbs e.jpg

·
Registered
430 Posts
Very nice. I will be sending my d340 there as well.

·
Registered
4,848 Posts
Looks just like my bow! After reading all the threads on how great ken is with these bows it's got me wanting to send mine to him to get some new threads and a tune!

·
Registered
978 Posts
It was GREAT meeting you and getting to work for/with you Adrian ! That bow is pretty awesome, enjoy it !! Good luck and GREAT shooting !!

Dennis

·
Registered
202 Posts
Awesome looking Insanity, buddy!.....love the AP. my invasion is there now getting strings and a tune......I'll probably buy an insanity from them at some point this year. Great guys!

·
Registered
13,432 Posts
Nice looking bow and what I like about baldys is the fact that you don't walk out of there until everything is right.

·
Anti Fanboy
44,381 Posts
Man that thing looks like a real shooter for sure. Grats to you.

And yes, Ken definately knows his stuff.

Skeet.

·
Mutant of the Year 2015
7,410 Posts
Nice rig !
If I had seen those picts before I ordered I might have had some difficulty deciding between Infinity and APG...
That is one of the better riser dips that I have seen from Bowtech.
Hoping my CPXL is in soon and just as good looking!
Congrats on the new bow !

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
That riser does look better than any of the ones seen so far. Think they had gotten sloppy for a while.
They did a bit but I will say all the specialty color and camo bows rolling into the shop look just amazing. Maybe Bowtech can get back to having some of the best finishes in the industry. Adrian, it was great meeting you and your son. That bow should serve you very well this year.
Thanks for taking the time to write this.
Ken

·
Mutant of the Year 2015
7,410 Posts
I had to come back and look at that riser again. :darkbeer:
I hope my Infinity looks that good !!!

·
NC ASA Director
36,063 Posts
Can't wait to get my CPXL. That is one bad arse looking bow right there. :thumb:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts