Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
710 Posts
Really nice entry level bow. Great for the price. I shot one for a year and found it to be accurate, quiet, and just plain fun to shoot.

·
Registered
329 Posts
The Encounter is a very nice bow whether you're a beginner or not. Shoots a lot like my Charge (which I love), but a bit faster and quieter IMO. The RTH package is nice, but you might find yourself upgrading a lot of the stock accessories. I don't know what your budget is, but if possible, buying a bare bow Encounter and buying a nice sight with 0.19 pins, a decent rest, and stabilizer will save you money in the long run.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I looked at both the Bear Legion and the Encounter. Went with the Legion just because I look the looks of it a bit more. I got the RTH package but wish I would have saved that money and gotten the bare bow. I've all ready replaced the stabilizer and the rest. This is the first bow I've ever had and after a short time of getting it setup I'm hitting a 4" group at 30 yards. I can probably get better with more practice. The bow is fantastic. Fast, quiet, just what I wanted. DO IT!!!

One other thing. I almost bought a right handed bow because I'm right handed. In my research I found you need to go by right or left eye dominance. After checking this, I found I'm left eye dominant. Got the left handed bow. Couldn't be happier.

·
Registered
6,554 Posts
Great bow. Kills 'em just as dead as the higher end bows. Here's mine:

·
Registered
336 Posts
I love my Bear Encounter. I got the rth package. Honestly the add on are not that bad. I picked up a light for the 3 pin sight off of Amazon for $12. I'm still using all of the rth items and they kill deer just fine. Sight stays set with no problems.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I love my bear encounter as well and I did get the RTH package and replaced the peep sight and stabilizer pretty quick. The stock 3 strand peep sight is awful, rotates way to much and the string blurrs your sight. The stock stabilizer works but is nothing fancy. Like others said get the bare bow and get some higher end used items or new ones that you like. Great bow, shoots plenty fast and accurate. It will allow you to robinhood if you desire.
IMG_0602.jpg

·
Registered
180 Posts
it reminds me of the strike i used to have but had to get rid of after my stroke, too much poundage for me.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts