Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The local Cabelas has some Excals in the Bargain Cave. Tags say factory repair of words to that effect.

One is the Vortex, which I believe is 200#

The other is the Equinox, which is the 225# if I'm correct.

Any thoughts on these? Both are marked down to a very reasonable price, which is not always the case for the Bargain Cave. The other option is waiting until spring and buying new from my local dealer, which is what I probably should do, but that will also mean no new vert bow to myself for a retirement gift. Decisions, decisions. Any help is appreciated.:)

·
Registered
167 Posts
go for it

AS an owner of an excal and a couple of other top line brands, I would not hesitate to buy either one. my $0.02 Phil

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have the Vortex and love it. It is my understanding that the Equinox is harder on servings. You can't go wrong with any Excalibur and they stand behind their product 100% no questions asked.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Were they the ones with the scope package, a company in PA has good prices wish I had seen them sooner, could have saved 70 bucks
I have the phonix 175 Pounds, wouldn't want any heavier, shoots about 300 FPS with 400 grain arrow

·
Registered
6,434 Posts
Vortex would be better than the Equinox only in less serving wear on strings & easier cocking it in the cold weather when you got stiff from sitting

·
Registered
354 Posts
I have a Y-25 and a Equinox they both need served occasionally with an Ecal. thats no big deal I like the Equinox but I use a crank to cock them all so the poundage is mute to me. I would recommend an STS or the Italian dampening system for vibration

1 - 6 of 6 Posts