Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2007 BEAR INSTINCT
5,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's evryone's thought on the mathews lx?

Vibration
Speed
Etc.

Looking at picking one up

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
Heaven built into a bow. Speed is decent, slap a STS on it and its just as calm as newer bows. I just recently bought another, due to the depression I was in since selling mine in 04.

·
Registered
2007 BEAR INSTINCT
5,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i keep hearing how well they shot and their priced well for a used one. I thought it would be a great backup bow. So I'm looking for one in really good shape and some more general thoughts.

·
Just beat Terry Club
9,334 Posts
Buddy of mine had one and said he loved the bow. Relatively fast and accurate.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Lx

bought mine new when they came out. very smooth draw, nice speed, very accurate and quiet. i shoot very well with it. and "no" you cannot have it. hahaha. i love it.
:darkbeer:

·
Registered
2007 BEAR INSTINCT
5,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
bought mine new when they came out. very smooth draw, nice speed, very accurate and quiet. i shoot very well with it. and "no" you cannot have it. hahaha. i love it.
:darkbeer:
your killing me

·
Registered
2,605 Posts
buddy of mine owns one and i shoot it pretty often. the bow is a shooter. holds well on target, decent speed. with an sts, it will be plenty quiet. good all around bow for hunting or targets

·
Registered
896 Posts
The LX was my first Mathews. Plenty fast smooth draw and accurate. I sold it to my uncle years ago and he still swears by it. I do not think you will be dissapointed with the bow. If you buy an sts and put on it it will be just as smooth as Mathews new models.

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
I had an LX and it was great, well built bow, put a STS or meanv on it and good strings and you are in business. Will shoot just as good as any current bow on market, in my opinion.
I wish I had the Mathews knowledge and knowhow to put some switchback cams on an LX. Always wanted to try it.
I still wish Mathews would make another bow the same ATA as LX.
Also, I think the LX is the perfict size hunting bow.

·
Registered
2007 BEAR INSTINCT
5,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
It sounds like it would be a great main bow and awesome backup bow.

·
Gold Supporting Archer
9,981 Posts
lx ???

to me its a race up version of the legacy. i feel the legacy is 10x the better of the two bows.

the switchback gets as much if not more speed than the lx and feels much better to draw and hold. between the 3 bows,,,,even though the legacy is the slowest,,,,andm ight be the heaviest,,,i still think it might be best overall in my book because i shoot it much tighter more consistently.

all thre bows are awesome...i am nowhere near any kind of fan boy of mathews though i do think matt mcpherson is a great christian brother and a very good visionary in both guitars and bows. those 3 bows by mathews are tough to be overall. i have not shot the slim line version of the switchback yet,,,but held it and have heard it too is awesome.

i will say this.... the new wave of bows from pse,,,,the x-force6 and the bowtech 82nd airborne along with the elite GTO,,,,i feel might be the next wave of speed bows that handle like big brace bows and are just as quiet and vibe free as anything else.

so i then have to feel the next wave is a "compounded"version of the single cam. in other words,,,a single cam PLUS some help,,,like the cam and a half,,,and the binary,,,which is sort of a twin cam actually(i love twin cams !!!! ).

so dont be surprized if matt mcpherson gets back to the drawing board if he feels inspired and TWEAKS one of these established systems. he is a guy with a great functional mind. look at what he did with the guitar he devised. great mind. smart kid....

1 - 19 of 19 Posts