Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I've been looking at multiple sights, and I've decided on the MBG Ascent Verdict. I'm going with 4 pins total, the top 2 are .19 and the bottom 2 will be .10, all green pins... That was a tough decision, but I've heard good things about people going with all green.
Anyway, I'm planning on a 2" housing and my pins will be set at 20, 30, 40, 50. I can add the micro adjust pins for an extra $40, I'm just not sure if they're worth it. I know it will be easier to adjust the pins, but I've never had them before on any other sight. Are they worth it? Any negatives, like rattling or anything?

·
Registered
I don’t hunt for the sport I hunt for the meat
25,385 Posts
When your off a tiny bit loosen it all the way up without worrying about the pin moving too much at one time

·
Shootin and Cussin
24,101 Posts
Do you want precision or "eh, close enough"?

·
Registered
6,792 Posts
I don't have any experience with MBG micro adjust pins because I use Axcel sights. But the micro adjust on the Axcels is awesome and I wouldn't go with out it. In a sight as expensive as you are talking 40 bucks for micro adjust is a no brainier for me.

·
Tooth, Fang, Claw
6,268 Posts
Having 'micro adjust' on bow accessories (rest, sights) is NICE to have, not NEED to have. But, if you ilke precision tuning everything, micro adjust is the only way to got. I won't buy anything for my bow that isn't micro adjustable (if micro adjustability is an option). Yeah, it's worth the extra coin (to me) to have micro adjust features.

·
Widewater Hunt Club
9,387 Posts
I like changing up arrow combinations frequently. For that reason by itself i choose to always go with micro adjust if available on the sight I'm going with.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts