Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone used the anchor sight or similar devices that eliminate the need for a peep? I'm in the process of using both eyes in shooting and was wondering if the use of the anchor sight would help in this transition.

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
I have the anchor sight and I love it. I had been using a 1/4" G5 Meta Peep and it worked great with my Sword twilight Hunter. I could center the sight in the peep almost perfectly. I had been reading alot about the no-peep and anchor sight so I got one. I had it set up in about an hour. I am no PRO-FESHIONAL archer, but I can shoot ok. I noticed no change in accuracy from the peep setup and my field of view while shooting is awesome. You don't need to be no PRO-FESHIONAL archer to shoot this thing, just have a reasonably repeatable form. I give it two enthusiastic thumbs up :thumbs_up :thumbs_up :darkbeer: :tongue:

·
Registered
15,839 Posts
I have use the No-Peep and use conventional peeps on my target bows. I bought a Cougar4 SE with 32-3/4" A2A and am using a 30" draw. I was going to use the No-Peep, but decided to use the Anchor Sight.

It is great, even better than the No-Peep. I also use a Kisser button. I found both the Kisser was necessary with both. I could vary my anchor and vary my grip some and these devices will give me a false read. However, I am extremely accurate with these, even more that just the Kisser. For hunting it is the cat's meow (pune intended). It give me the ability to draw setup and find the target much faster than a normal peep and especially in low light conditions.

With this combination I can anchor the bow, look at the Anchor Sight and center IF necessary and then aim. It doesn't take too long to setup and has some very nice adjustments over the No-Peep. It will definitely be on all of my hunting bows.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Here's a couple

on my Vipertec. I will never have a bow without an Anchorsite again.

The dot in the circle is not blurry, it just appears that way in the picture, something to do with the camera I supposed. And I don't have the Biscuit on the bow anymore, switched to the QAD.

My shooting is more accurate and consistent than ever, especially when shooting odd angles from a treestand.

Attachments

·
Registered
575 Posts
I never installed one peep sight on my hoyt powertec. I gone directly to one anchorsight. And I am more than happy. The anchor sight works very well, really.

·
Registered
819 Posts
I am very interesting in the Anchor Sight. Does it add a lot of weight to the bow? I'm on the verge of installing an STS and the Anchor Sight, but I'm worried about getting a hernia!

·
Registered
435 Posts
I don't think you will notice the weight. You can see on the Hoyt picture that the base is pretty large and long, it has to be to attach under the sight and extend rearward enough to mount behind the Tec riser. A guy could shave off some weight by modifying the base if he was so inclined. The Anchor Sight itself doesn't weigh much. The base is a steel plate that might weight 3 or 4 ounces at the most.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts