Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm close to buying a new bow (thinking Mission Ballistic) but I'm trying to decide on colors. I'm leaning towards going with all black. I was curious what you guys thought or if any of you have all black yourselves. I'm talking black strings, stab, accessories and everything. I would love pics and opinions.

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
That's how I set up my DS3800. Black carbons, with black dip and 3 black 3" shield cuts feathers.
Used a lighted nock and it looked good.

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
Once you go Black ......you won't go back. Put any color threads on and they match.

·
Registered
13,466 Posts
It does have some red accents but it is almost entirely black. Black torqueless sideplates, all black strings, etc.

Bow and arrow Bow Compound bow Archery Recreation

Compound bow Bow and arrow Vehicle Automotive exterior Auto part

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
love my black axe but color don't matter to me any more.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
I have a black Prime Impact.
Bow and arrow Compound bow Bow Archery Tree

The cams and limb pockets aren't black, and the string has some blue in it. I'm thinking about doing some arrows up with black wraps, vanes, and nocks to go with it.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'm really liking these black bows. Thanks for the pics guys keep em coming.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
26,574 Posts
Tree Winter Woody plant Branch Snow

This was shortly after I got my lightly used 2012 Prime Centroid a few months ago in February (note snow). Since then I have changed out the stock gray-black grips and have a G5 Rock sight in black. Prime accents in blue, but I wanted to go an autumn leaf orange and therefore ordered a set of orange-black-silver strings from JBK and matching sling from SNA. About a month ago I traded my Athens for a black 2013 Prime Impact and am outfitting it in camo accents.

·
Registered
654 Posts
Jmo but the mission bows Camo looks like crap. It's not the same lost Camo that's on the mathews. I would definitely go black.

·
Registered
11,478 Posts
blacks the only way to go! no matching or anything all black accessories
Bow and arrow Compound bow Bow Archery Grass

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yea I didn't really care for the mission camo either. Great point. After seeing these pics I'm real excited to go all black

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,380 Posts
i like black bows, onlt thing is that they scuff up and show marks if you hunt hard....
x2, I got a bow in all black because they look nice and you can do alot of colors with them, but if you're worried about your bows looks the scratches that seem to appear from nowhere will drive you crazy

·
Registered
10,656 Posts
love my black axe but color don't matter to me any more.
I agree completely

Doesn't matter if you have a anodized red riser it's not gonna matter to the game...if they spot you, they spot you weather lts camo or purple doesn't matter

1 - 20 of 25 Posts