Archery Talk Forum banner

Three or Four finger release?

377 Views 4 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  kgoold
OK...I've decided it's either going to be a Carter Choc. Add., Choc. Add Lite, or a Stan. My question is what are most of you guys shooting for hunting/3D? Three or Four finger...and why? Is it just a comfort/feel thing or is there an advantage to one or the other? Sorry for all the questions, but I've always used an index trigger Scott release and don't know much about the thumb trigger hand helds.
Thanks.
Chris
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
1,586 Posts
OK...I've decided it's either going to be a Carter Choc. Add., Choc. Add Lite, or a Stan. My question is what are most of you guys shooting for hunting/3D? Three or Four finger...and why? Is it just a comfort/feel thing or is there an advantage to one or the other? Sorry for all the questions, but I've always used an index trigger Scott release and don't know much about the thumb trigger hand helds.
Thanks.
Chris
My hand prefers the 4 finger. I feel like pinky is lost on a 3 finger... JMO

· Banned
3,222 Posts
there are also 2 finger units. Dave Cousins shoots a 3 finger. you have to shoot a few to really know what you prefer. I have lots of releases,several same model with various finger counts and most I cant shoot an better with the 3 or 4 finger version.

· Registered
899 Posts
For me it depends on wht release im using, with my sweet spt i like 3 finger, but on my trail boss i like 4 finger because it gives my a better feel. I whould just go out and try them. Good luck

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.