Archery Talk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, looking for some advice on a subject I know nothing about.

I gained access to a property that I think has great potential for a plot. In the middle of the timber, there's a a large grassy clearing in a bottom that has ridges on the sides. It essentially makes a big bowl. The clearing is about 20-30yds wide at varying points and 150yds long. There is a very heavy trail that runs through this clearing as well as a creek that meanders along the side of it. The edge of the clearing curves and follows the edge of the woods.

Currently there is just short (3-5") grass in the clearing. It gets plenty of sunlight.

My thought is that they'll come down off the ridges where they are bedded up on and feed in the bottom along the creek. I think it would be a prime spot to catch a buck before he heads up to the big fields. I've also got great access to hunt this plot via an old logging road and a pipeline.

My problem is that I don't have any equipment. I'm considering using some throw and grow throughout the clearing. Not sure what my other options are.

So, that being said, any experiences? The fields around me will be beans, alfalfa, and winter wheat. Any recommendations??

View attachment 27722

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.