Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to get a thumb button release, and am torn between the Scott Sigma and any of the Carter releases. I know that Carter makes quite a selection, and have heard good things, but am pretty loyal to Scott releases. This would be my first thumb button, and I want to make the best purchase I can. I'm looking for some insight, and I'm sure I'll get it here, thanks

Z

·
Registered
11,782 Posts
Carter is good, Stan is better(for me) and Scott hasn’t been on my top of the list.
I love my stab sx3. Really adjustable and has good cs. Carter is less adjustable and doesn’t fit my hand as well and isn’t as crisp. Just my Opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
I have the Stan SX-3, but have shot the Scott Exxus, Truball 360 ST (liked it), Truball Max , Tru Ball Absolute 360 (liked) and Stan Perfex (really liked it). I ended up sticking with the SX-3 as it was the best for me in fit and adjustability as well as workmanship.

·
Registered
4,855 Posts
Love my stan sx3 i wont use anything else it took 10 releases to get there

·
Registered
VXR 31.5 TRX 40 Hamskea Axcel Bee stinger Doinker
2,926 Posts
Stan’s have a much better trigger system than the Scott. Carters are great but lack adjustability in the trigger.

·
Registered
7,084 Posts
Stan’s have a much better trigger system than the Scott. Carters are great but lack adjustability in the trigger.
Would you please be more explicit and describe in what way "Stan's have a much better trigger system than the Scott." What attributes of the trigger are notably "better"?

Thank you.

·
Registered
11,782 Posts
Would you please be more explicit and describe in what way "Stan's have a much better trigger system than the Scott." What attributes of the trigger are notably "better"?

Thank you.
I think they have one of the best because you can get it fine tuned to your personal shooting style, it’s more of a crisp click on the shot than carter(never shot the scotts but haven’t seen anyone shooting to so maybe a reason) and I like you can rotate the thumb position a lot of differing ways which makes it easier to tune to the shooter.

·
Hunter of many things
12,121 Posts
Carter is good, Stan is better(for me) and Scott hasn’t been on my top of the list.
I love my stan sx3. Really adjustable and has good cs. Carter is less adjustable and doesn’t fit my hand as well and isn’t as crisp. Just my Opinion.

Im with Larry.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
I think they have one of the best because you can get it fine tuned to your personal shooting style, it’s more of a crisp click on the shot than carter(never shot the scotts but haven’t seen anyone shooting to so maybe a reason) and I like you can rotate the thumb position a lot of differing ways which makes it easier to tune to the shooter.

currently been shooting a nock 2 it for a while, i gave my buddy my sx3 after shooting the nock 2 it. it that is the biggest thing i miss about the sx3, being able to position the peg where you want it.. probably would take it back if he didn’t live in a different state now lol.

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
Get a Stan and a Carter - I love my Shootoff TL but I also love my Evo+, SilverBack and Nock 2 It, can't go wrong with any of them. I would avoid the Scott, didn't care for any I tried.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I also see there are so many types of Carters. I've heard good things about them, what models do you guys recommend?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I got a Carter, and love it. I got a good deal on that release, which is why I chose that one over a Stan. It's amazing how clean the break of the trigger is compared to my conventional wrist lanyard scott.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Just curious which carter? I have shot a lot and have come back to the carter too simple both times i've bought. The elk woods ate my first one. Stupid me!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts