Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have recently started practicing with a truball t handle thumb release and I was wondering what you guys do when shooting a tr? do you sqeeze all your fingers or just your thumb? how do you release?

·
Registered
939 Posts
Can't answer your question, but as a side note, how do you like it?

·
Bears Den Precision
3,634 Posts
I draw the bow and settle into my anchor points, then slowly start to make a fist, the natural movement will set off the release!

·
saskarcher
5,124 Posts
Let me try.
Come to full draw with the fingers, wrap your thumb around the trigger firmly, but without setting it off. Aquire the proper sight picture of the target, slowly squeeze your back muscles letting the release pull into your thumb pad and setting off the trigger.
It should come as somewhat of a suprize when its triggered right

·
Registered
287 Posts
Let me try.
Come to full draw with the fingers, wrap your thumb around the trigger firmly, but without setting it off. Aquire the proper sight picture of the target, slowly squeeze your back muscles letting the release pull into your thumb pad and setting off the trigger.
It should come as somewhat of a suprize when its triggered right
This is how it should be done. I do the same with a Stan and my thumb touches my forefinger. This keeps my grip consistent.

·
Registered
658 Posts
I use a carter insatiable 3. travel is set as good as zero (as soon as trigger moves it releases)
trigger tension is set that I can place my thumb on it without being affraid that it will fire.
when drawing back, most of the pressure is on my index finger, as soon as I'm on the spot, I place my thumb on the trigger and start increasing the pressure in the back muscles...(push-pulling action comming from out of the back muscles).....a "few seconds" later the release fires..

this is how I would like it to be everytime, but the harder I want to hit the X, the longer the "few seconds" usually take....It is the movement of the dot that tends to unconsciously interupt my push-pulling action I guess.

I hope this sounds clear...

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
I'm a lot like Hans. One thing I do is a holdover from shooting my Evolution+, I wrap my thumb around the trigger with it in the joint of my thumb and RELAX the whole hand including the thumb. Then I pull with my back muscles and get a surprise release. I've only been shooting this release for a few days so you should probably pay no attention to me. :) However, I shot about 60 arrows yesterday and only 'punched' the trigger 1 time. :)

hd

·
Nock On!
2,264 Posts
Thumb Release

I use to have a Thumb release and i always made a fist when i shoot it and it seemed to me that i started shooting a hole lot tighter groups, But you need to just shoot it and shoot it and shoot it that way you can find whats comfortable for you. But for sure try makin a fist it helped me alot.
Good Shootin

·
Registered
4,489 Posts
On my Truball Extreme, I use a screw that fits in the upper threaded hole. All I need to do is wrap my thumb around the barrel and gently touch the screw. This gives me a consistent and repeatable thumb position and also keeps my release hand relaxed. I just aim and gently build pressure on my right side back muscles until it trips.

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts