Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone make one? I've been looking for a few weeks and I think I'd have better luck finding a unicorn! Due to a finger injury on my shooting hand it makes a trigger release tough. This same injury also makes it very difficult to pull back a release sans strap. Anyone have a lead?
 

·
sues
Joined
·
579 Posts
Does anyone make one? I've been looking for a few weeks and I think I'd have better luck finding a unicorn! Due to a finger injury on my shooting hand it makes a trigger release tough. This same injury also makes it very difficult to pull back a release sans strap. Anyone have a lead?
Have look at Tru-Ball they make them to suit a lot off they thumb release
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,482 Posts
I have one of these from tru ball and it really nice. i would hesitate to get another one if i had to. great product.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
353 Posts
I also had a hand injury and found the Tru Ball solution. I actually did two things. First, I went from a 3 finger ST-360 to a 4 finger ST-360 and also added the buckle strap.

You must also realize that the Tru Ball strap is NOT intended to pull the entire weight of the bow and is just intended as an assist. It's probably strong enough, but the package says not to rely on it like that, and I'd go with that.

You wouldn't believe how much just adding the fourth pinky finger helped in being able to draw the bow with an injured middle finger. I pretty much relaxed the injured finger and let the other three do the work. It extended the time I was able to shoot, but I gotta say that eventually I needed surgery to fix the problem. What kind of injury do you have? Mine was a tendon problem and I thought I could baby it and have it heal on it's own, but that wasn't the case. You might heal fine though.

You could try switching to a pure wrist release and see if it heals over time. I'm just saying that trying to use the thumb release while injured might just make it worse.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
There is no "healing" from my injury, :lol:. I amputated the tips of my index and middle finger on my trigger hand from the last knuckle up. I have been using a trigger release with what is left and for the most part it's fine. However, I have to approach the trigger in an awkward manner and I have found that this makes it hard to have a consistent anchor point. I'd say that 98% of time I'm spot on, but it's the other 2% of the time that causes me to have a flier. Since I have starting shooting more 3-D and indoor leagues, I really want to eliminate that 2% error so I can focus on the things I CAN control with my form. I am relentless to a fault when things get competitive! I think that the Tru Ball four finger with a wrist strap assist looks like it may be the ticket. I will head to the the pro shop this weekend and take it for a test drive. As always, thanks for the wonderful response here at AT!!
 

·
Bonehunter
Joined
·
8,843 Posts
I have a new Truball buckle strap I will donate to you. Size large, fits the Ultra Extreme and other series too .... PM me if interested :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have a new Truball buckle strap I will donate to you. Size large, fits the Ultra Extreme and other series too .... PM me if interested :)
As stated in my PM, I can't thank you enough. I just wanted to let everyone know that I've only been here at AT for a short period of time but guys like this are what give me a glimmer a faith in humanity. You sir are a true ambassador for the sport! :77:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,134 Posts
You should Get it, they are hard to come by, on here.

But, don't try to pull the full weight with it, because the strap kinda clamps onto the notches in the release. I wouldn't trust it. It is to keep you from losing it, not to pull with, I love mine
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Top