Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
depends on what you like.I like the Carter Just b Cuz.It fits my hand and the anchor point is almost the same.Go to your local archery dealer and see if he will let you shoot some and go from there.

·
Bone Collector
5,397 Posts
Tru-Ball makes some nice ones.

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
Try them all! I personally dont like the some of the high end releases that others like. I shoot a truball trail boss and like the feel.

·
Bone Collector
5,397 Posts
Tru-Ball is abrand of releases. Go look at their website.

·
Bone Collector
5,397 Posts
Yeah. You might also want to look at a Back Tension release. I have the Tru-Ball hot tension and is a sweet Bt.

·
P#NW045
12,716 Posts
I'd look into a truball absolute 4, or look at a getting a used st360. I picked up an absolute in vegas and so far, its my favorite release

·
Bone Collector
5,397 Posts
I'd look into a truball absolute 4, or look at a getting a used st360. I picked up an absolute in vegas and so far, its my favorite release
The Absolute is the best release. I have one for hunting.

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
The Absolute is the best release. I have one for hunting.
You use it for hunting? Is it not too loud to use?

To the op- There is no "best" release, because almost all of them work just as well as the rest. It just all depends on what you want to use.

For hunting, the Tru Ball Diamond is a great one, and it is very quiet. The Absolute is also a GREAT release, and apparently you can use that for hunting. Also, the Carter Chocolate is a good one to look at.

For target, you have a few more options because of noise. If you want a thumb trigger, the Absolute, again, is a great one. Personally, I really like the ST360, and the rest of the Tru Ball ST releases are great as well. Also, take a look at the Carters-they make a lot of really good thumb triggers, you just need to pick them up and play with them.

Or, if you want to shoot a back tension, you have a few more options as well. The Evolution from Carter is interesting, because you set off the safety and then just pull through to get it to go off. If you want a hinge release, the Tru Ball HT is great (I use that one), as well as the BT Gold, TRU Tension, and the Carter Only.

I hope this helped.

·
Registered
2,006 Posts

·
Bone Collector
5,397 Posts
Sighting In, mines not that loud but in a hunting situation it's one shot kill or one shot miss.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
The Truball Absolute looks to be the best. If i was going to get one it would be the one.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts