Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at making the switch from a trigger wrist release. Been looking at several different models and am wondering about opinions from those who have tried the Hot Shot Vapor and Eclipse. Any opinions?

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
If you are open to carters I can say some stuff about that if you are open to others

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,856 Posts
Stan sx3

·
Hunter of many things
12,135 Posts
If you are just wanting to try one to see if you like it, buy a hot shot. If you are serious then carter or stan are the way to go imo. The Stan SX3 gets my vote.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,913 Posts
Stanislawski Perfex. The trigger is very crisp (like snapping a glass rod) with almost no travel. The adjustability of the handle from 2-4 fingers and ability to change the angle of the 3rd and 4th finger is also a plus.

I've shot other Stanislawski and Carter Releases, and the Perfex is as good as it gets. Just make sure you get the size that is right for your hands (they run one size small.)

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

·
Registered
65 Posts
From what I have seen all of the higher end ones above 150 to 200 have a good trigger on them. Find one that fits your hand and finger size well and feels comfortable. I have already bought 3 and that affects my shooting with them more than anything else. It can be hard to do since very few places carry the higher end releases with out purchasing one to test.

·
"Keep Hammering"
7,999 Posts
Carter too simple.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Stan SX-3 and Perfex are both great releases. I made the switch back in December 2016 and love it. I use the SX-3 for 3D and hunting. No issues.

·
Registered
23,339 Posts
It was nearly three years ago when I began to seriously consider a change from a wrist release to a hand held thumb button style. Backing into the process cautiously, I bought a used Hot Shot Eclipse that was barely used on the AT classifeds and really wanted to like it. After shooting it for about two weeks, it was clear that the blocky design was not comfortable and holding back my progress. So I moved on from the Hot Shot to the Scott Exxus, which was nice until I got one that misfired. From there I moved on to the Stan SX3 and have not even considered a change since then.

·
Registered
8,647 Posts
Another vote for Stan.

·
"Keep Hammering"
7,999 Posts
How does the stan sx3 compare to a carter 1st choice?
All preference really, They're both made incredibly well and both brands have a cult like following. I use the carter too simple which is almost identical to the 1st choice except the too simple has a shorter neck.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
341 Posts
does the too simple or 1st choice come in different sizes and how do the sizes compare to stan sizes? I have a large shootoff now which I really like just wanting something different and looking at carter.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts