Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need opinions on thumb releases which one is best between Carter chocolate-lite/Carter chocolate addiction/Tru ball Bos X/Stan Shootoff?I currently shoot a Tru Ball HT 3finger backtension medium size and love it,wanting a thumb release to hunt with and shoot some 3D with,out of these 4 which one do you guys like the best?

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
Although not on your list i would consider the HotShot Tempest. It's one of the smoothest most adjustable releases out there.

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
bossx for hunting if you want to put on the string and let hang

·
>>>--Shoot Em' Up---->
19,494 Posts
I have a Stan Shoot Off. I set it to where you have no travel what so ever. The TruBall ST360 is another good one where you can adjust for zero travel.

·
Registered
8,248 Posts
there is no best. it's personal preference. I bought my first thumb release this year. like john1720, I bought the HotShot Tempest. I never shot a thumb release before and took a gamble. I bought the 3 finger as well. I really like it. there is a website you can rent different releases to try. I don't remember what it is called though. look up JHENS87 here on at. I think he knows the name of the website.

·
stay calm pick a spot
3,110 Posts
I have shot a lot of releases and to me everybody makes a good one. I recently picked up a hot shot stan potts and it feels good and I would say its every bit as good as any of my carter releases but it feels better.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I just picked up the BossX. It cost almost as much as my first bow. Yikes. But so far, I like it.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
i like the choc addiction

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
i started using archerylessonsonline.com and adam reccommended the stan sx2. i picked one up and after shooting it, i sold all my other release aids. Very adjustable and the crispest, most consistent shot execution ive ever experienced.

·
Registered
983 Posts
stan shootoff best release i have ever owned!!! would work good for hunting its quiet and you can click it on your loop and let it hang considering its a closed jaw not a hook. im using mine for hunting for sure.

·
Shooter of flesh
7,661 Posts
I do not feel that every release is equal! The creep that are in most releases, will make me crazy. I've been shooting a CCPorter Mako Pro for about a year now and it's the only release that I've ever shot that has NO creep, at all. It also cannot wear out as releases with a sharp edged sear do. I've been shooting the same two releases for over a year now and they both feel exactly like they did the day I started using them.

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
Although not on your list i would consider the HotShot Tempest. It's one of the smoothest most adjustable releases out there.
:amen: i love mine!

·
Registered
7,315 Posts
The "best" is the one that fits you and you shoot well with. If you buy a high priced one that others love, but it doesn't fit you then it isn't the "best".

Love my Stan Shootoff. Like it a little better than the SX2 because of the finger grooves.

Competition style releases are more adjustable and precise than ones like the TruBall Pro Diamond. It's a nice release and works for hunting but doesn't have the adjustability that "competition" releases do and isn't near as easy to shoot back tension.

·
A.K.A BuckChef
4,060 Posts
I have tried a bunch and like the Stans the best. The Shootoff is just as nice a thumb trigger as your gonna shoot!!!

1 - 20 of 40 Posts