Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am considering buying a thumb release. I've narrowed it down to a Stanislwski Shootoff or a Carter Target 4. I like the idea of the shootoff having no springs to change out. My main concern is my large hands. The target 4 looks fairly small. I intend to shoot them both, but was wondering if anyone had any opinions on either one of these.

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
You may want to take a look at the choc. addiction, Insatiable +, and the Instatiable II. I also have large hands. I had a choc. lite, but it felt small in my hands. I traded it for an Insatiable +.(Thanks Johnnybravoo77) It feels great in my hand. This will be the one I hunt with. I'm also going to be getting a sensation to go with my evolution for practice and 3-d!!

You can't go wrong with any of these!!!

Good luck,
Poe

·
Registered
4,387 Posts
shootoff get my vote. . . just make sure its a large. I have decent hands but I prefer the medium for my grip

·
Shooter of flesh
7,661 Posts
If you have large hands, then you should definitely check out the CC Porter Mako.

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
Never used nor do i have an opinion on the Stanislwski Shootoff, i can tell ya Carter has some really good releases, check out the Carter Target 3+

·
Registered
4,814 Posts
I have 2 Carters and think the spring system is a GREAT feature and very easy to change too.:teeth:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts