Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'd like to hear opinions and comparisons on the following thumb trigger releases:
stan sx3
stan just x
stan shootoff
scott exxus
scott exxus core
thank you for any and all replies

·
Registered
9,887 Posts
I have the first three, can't comment on the Scotts. Stan sx3 is larger and straighter than the shoot off. Just X is slimmer and shorter (might need a longer D loop) The Stan Shootoff Large is my personal favorite and has a more curved handle and feels natural in my hand. My wife shoots a medium Just X and loves it!

·
Registered
8,984 Posts
Just get the sx3 and be done with it. I've used them all and none even compare to a Stan imo.

·
Registered
112 Posts
i'd like to hear opinions and comparisons on the following thumb trigger releases:
stan sx3
stan just x
stan shootoff
scott exxus
scott exxus core
thank you for any and all replies

Respectfully, may I ask why you're only considering Stan and Scott releases? Mind you, it's your thread, so an answer like "because that's what I want" is totally cool lol, I was just curious, since there are better releases out there....

Buck

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Respectfully, may I ask why you're only considering Stan and Scott releases? Mind you, it's your thread, so an answer like "because that's what I want" is totally cool lol, I was just curious, since there are better releases out there....

Buck
i'm open to suggestions on other thumb trigger releases.i'm going to purchase one in the next few weeks.i wish i could test shoot them but pro shops don't stock many if any at all so other peoples experiences is all i have to go on

·
Registered
55 Posts
I have an sx3 and an exxus and prefer the trigger on the exxus.

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

Buck
the main reasons i inquired about stan and scott releases are:
stan releases are made about 1 1/2 hours from where i live.
i shoot an elite and i know that the outdoors group owns elite and scott.
i figured those 2 brands were a good starting point and it looks like carter has been producing new hinge styles lately.i'm using a carter just b cuz which is a release i borrowed from my buddy until i get my own

·
Registered
102 Posts
I have a JustX and an Exxus Core, and both seem to be excellent releases. I think the build quality of the Stan is a small smidgeon better than the Scott, but it's close. The JustX has Stan's training pin, which is a great feature.

Both are set up to work with more of an eye to back tension than a purely triggered release. When it comes to actually working with them, the JustX is easier to handle: cocks easier, hooks up easier. On the draw and shot, the extra mass and size of Exxus Core gets the advantage for me. It's easier on my hand to draw and the trigger nestles into the crook of my thumb a little nicer. Of course, this is all VERY subjective and your mileage may vary.

Ken...

·
Registered
27 Posts
Boss X is a solid thumb release, it's louder than I would prefer for a hunting release though.

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
Chocolate addiction by Carter, Very adj. and you can clip the release right to the D loop for deer hunting, one of the nicest thumb release that Iv' tried. Truball absolute 360 another. Just throwing out a couple more.

·
Registered
5,309 Posts
I would go with a Stan. I think they are a better quality release. The shot is a little crisper. The internals just feel better when you are using the release.

With that said I would also look at carter and tru ball.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I can't comment on performance but my sx3 that just came today feels amazing and i like the trainer pin, the trigger is so crisp.

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
Haven't owned a Stan thumb release, but tried them multiple times. I have a Stan hinge. I've owned two Carter thumb triggers - Just B Cuz and Chocolate Addiction four finger.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts