Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
995 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was playing around with my neighbors carter insatiable 3 finger the other day and i'm thinking about gettin a thumb trigger of my own. what are some good releases that would work for both hunting,spots, & 3d. i really like the carters but they're awful pricey.

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
It depends on what feels best to you.. Alot of people like the Stan SX2 and i personally think they are one of the best for an all around release. Rite now my go to release is a Spot Hogg FND, I dont know why I like it so much rite now but it just feels good in my hand and I shoot great with it.

·
Registered
995 Posts
I thought I found the best release in the world (back tension), but its not a perfect fit for my hunting bow, so I bought a few thumb releases to try for hunting. I have a feeling its going to work out just fine!

·
Registered
995 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
care to tell what kind of release your using for hunting. also any good ones to look for in the classifieds

·
Registered
995 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the carter is the only thumb trigger i've shot, but i'm open to all suggestions. i love scott wrist releases but do they make a thumb release?

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
Mission, One of the best release companies around is right here in KY. Scott Releases. Checkout their Ibex thumb release. They are in the process of enhancing them for '09. They should be out soon. PM me your address and I'd be glad to send you a Scott release brochure.

·
Registered
995 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
TTT, i've seen where some of the tru-balls have a spring trigger instead of a sear type. I dont like the mushy feel. and i'm wanting one that'll stay attached to the loop and have a closed hook.

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
I just got a Trufire 3d hunter today. Certainly not top of the line, but I like it! I shot with a glove style release for a long time, I had a hard time getting comfortable with a wrist release so I thought I would try the thumb style;WOW! In just 40-50 arrows my anchor point was solid and consistent, and it just feels better than my wrist release.

·
A.K.A BuckChef
4,117 Posts
I have just started useing a Stan Shootoff, and fell in love with it!!!!
Gonna use it to hunt with.
I like the SX2 as well, I like them better than the Carters, you can just customize them to your hand better.

·
Registered
3,840 Posts
Like DeerCook said, take a look at the Stans. I have a SX-2 and love it. It fits and feels so good in your hand and has alot of adjustment on the trigger. I havent tryed a Shootoff but would like to. I just cant see spending the money on one though when there's nothing wrong with my SX-2. I've also tryed a few Carters and didnt care for any of them. To me they werent comfortable in my hand and they also made it feel like my bows were harder to draw.

·
Registered
995 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
one of my friends told me i need to try his SX2 so i'm gonna give it a try and see how i like it

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
ST-360 love mine

·
Registered
353 Posts
ST-360 love mine
I have 2 ST-360's ( a 3 finger and a 4 finger) and love them too, but I know that they are quite loud when they fire. I don't hunt, and kill spots only so I was wondering if this loud click is an issue with hunting? I'm just looking for info to satisfy my own curiosity as the OP said he was looking for a good all around release. Does the release need to be quiet for hunting? Anyone?

TIA,
Les

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
downside

I just got a Trufire 3d hunter today. Certainly not top of the line, but I like it! I shot with a glove style release for a long time, I had a hard time getting comfortable with a wrist release so I thought I would try the thumb style;WOW! In just 40-50 arrows my anchor point was solid and consistent, and it just feels better than my wrist release.
i really like that release myself. i just wish the trigger could be set heavier and without travel.:(

1 - 20 of 22 Posts