Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just more of a nod to these guys than anything, but I've ran Black Eagle arrows since Randy came onto the Gritty Bowmen podcast. I feel they are the best no nonsense hunting arrows out there, but other than placing orders, I never really dealt with anyone at the company.

In the process of getting an idea of what arrows I'm going to run in my Ritual, I realized that the Rampage arrows come with 56gr outserts but wasn't sure if this weight was "factored" into the spine rating of the arrow. If not, I'd have to jump up in stiffness.

So today I sent the question to Black Eagle via their "contact us" email thing. I was expecting a canned response from (no offense) an email desk jockey referring me to the spine chart in about four days. But within 30 minutes, on NFL Divisional Sunday, I got a response back from none other than Randy himself, President of Black Eagle.

We emailed back and fourth about my setup, draw wieght and length, as well as broadheads to be used. Within an hour, we had settled on a spine rating to be used at my exact arrow length.

Not bad service if ya ask me. I just feel that sometimes good customer service doesnt get the attention of bad CS.

Thanks Randy!

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Sounds good thanks for the heads up as I am soon too be ordering some rampage shafts and components too build some high foc small diameter shafts too use with my dna's and full throttle.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yep, so for future reference guys, the spine rating on the Rampages takes into consideration the outserts. Awesome arrows btw. Easy way to get high FOC with a .204 ID for X size nocks or lumenoks.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Thanks sir I forgot to ask you about what he had said about the inserts.

I'm thinking rampage shafts their 56 grain insert their plastic knock three heat vanes and some insert weights too get me too 445 taw is going to be awesome.

·
can I shoot it?
17,055 Posts
I have had awesome success on some pretty good sized critters with a 300 spine rampage and the SS insert with some Nockturnals and 125 grain heads.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts