Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for feedback on other archers experience with the "common" limb silencers/dampeners. I have a new Passion 2 with split limbs that came with Bowjax, but have been impressed with Thunderblox in the past on solid limb bows. A local shop has some "left-over" Thunderblox Ultimates on sale that are very tempting. I have also heard some good reports on Limbsavers Alphashoxs.

Anyone care to share their opinion/experience with these products?

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
No one has any experiences to share????

·
Registered
8,745 Posts
On my Hoyt bow I took off the limb suppressors that came with it and put on the Bowjax split limb suppressors. It made a Huge Difference in that bow as far as I'm concerned! I also put on every other product that Bowjax sells! Mighty fine suppression products in my humble opinion. I have always used Simms products, but while I was at the ATA Show in January I saw the Bowjax booth and just had to spend some money on their products to give them a tryout. I won't be buying any more Simms products any time soon!

Yesterday I set up my new Lakota hunting bow. The firsst things that went on it were the Bowjax products!

I have also introduced my best friend to Bowjax. When he got his new Lakota bow he put Bowjax on it too!

Dick

·
Registered
11,484 Posts
I like the Limb Savers but I am selling and using more Bowjax products all the time:)

·
Registered
319 Posts
I have also been impressed by the Bowjax products. Have not had any durability issues with the Bowjax string silencers at all. In fact they have outlasted any set of String Leaches I ever used and still look like new. Throw the zip-ties in your tool box and tie the silencers on with serving thread. Much less weight on the string.

·
Registered
9,397 Posts
Different bows, different results?

I had just the opposite experience to those stated. I bought a McPherson Edge, and found the noise and vibration was reduced when I switched from the split limb Limb Jax, and went to Alphashox. Quieter and less vibration with the Alphashox. The difference was not huge, but it was there. I have never tried the Thunderblocks.:confused:

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My Pearson Passion 2 came with the Bowjax split limb silencers and the tywrap string bowjax. After about 20 shots, one of the string jax ripped free of its tywrap and the other was a few shots away. To say the least, I was not impressed with their string silencers...which led me to question the limb Bowjax.

They will be replaced in the near future...probably with string leaches. Still debating on trying an STS instead of more string silencers.

For limb silencers, I really in a toss up. I found the Thunderblox much better that the limbsavers on my solid limb bow. I have heard good things about the Alphashox as well as the Bowjax. Decisions, decisions!

·
Registered
9,397 Posts
Humm?

Jake: Congrats on getting the Passion 2. I really had my eye on that one after having a McPherson Edge. BTW, when I tried the STS on the Edge, I really thought it made the bow louder. With my stabilizer setup (Sims Enhancer 2000 in the back mount, and S-coil in the front mount of the Vib-X, there really was no vibration to speak of anyway. For the string, I would just use catwhiskers myself. They last a long time and work great. Sounds like I should try the Thunderblox. If you have been happy with those, and they are on sale, that is what I would get.

·
Banned
910 Posts
Hey Gramps ,Bow jax doesnt make a stabilizer yet ? I know lotsa hoyt guys including myself are ditching the latest Simms 4th generation split limb catapillar lookin dampeners. Ive seen all 3 on hoyts at the local area 3-D circuit shoots, lotsa a guys are going with the Shockblox. I saw some 3rd generation split limb savers at walmart for $16 so i went with them.

·
Registered
8,745 Posts
Hey Moose,
You bet Bowjax makes a stabilizer! :) It is called the X-It and it works great! :) I am using two Bowjax X-It stabilizers in conjunction with a Big Dawg Ubar as Vbars on my Hoyt Ultratec for a little back weight. It's an awesome combination that has helped me hold steadier than I have ever been able to hold that Hoyt! :)

Dick

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
I have the thunderblox ultra double in two of my pro elite's (XT2000 & XT3000). So far they have done their job in reducing vibration and noise - yes they are a little bit expensive but for me they are well worth it. Another thing is, they don't wear like the alphashox. I tried the aplhashox when they first came out and yes they were quiet but they just keep on getting torn up. Have not tried the bowjax yet.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
My main concern with the Bowjaxs is the tightness of the arms to the base. The material is more rigid that the limbsaver or Thunderblox, hence logic would indicate that as they oscilate back and forth, they must make some noise when contacting their bases. Of course, this is pure hypothetical thinking.

I did replace the string bowjax with cat whiskers/spider leggs. What a difference in string noise! Yes, I will debatedly lose some arrow speed, but the quietness is worth it!

I have a few small pieces of the cat whiskers left, which will probably find their way onto the cables by the weekend's end.

Still contemplating the Thunderblox Ultimates for the limbs.

·
Registered
319 Posts
I've noticed that the string jax if placed near the cams actually increase arrow speed a few fps but aren't near as good a string leeches for reducing string noise. With split lim bows I really like the Apha Shox.

·
Registered
9,397 Posts
Thunderblox

I went to Cabelas today (big mistake, very crowded) and they had a ton of the Thunderblox on clearance for 12.95. Unfortunately for me, they were all the split limb models.:mad:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts