Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello and thanks in advanced

I was at my local Wally Mart about 1 month ago and they had thunderheads on their discount section for $1.50 per pack. I bought every pack,5 packs in all.

Myquestion is this, how are the old Thunderheads? I read about tons of other heads on here but rarely do I hear about those. I have bowhunted for years and never used them, believe it or not no one that I hunt with or know personally use them either.

Just curious what some of the opinions are of the heads.

thanks

·
Registered
7,588 Posts
They are great, my husband has used them for years and has killed a bunch of deer. Good luck

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Great broadhead. I have taken a bunch of deer with them and they always worked good. I mainly use Slick Tricks now but I do keep 2 Thunderheads in my quiver. You would be hard pressed to find a sharper broadhead out of the box. I would have bought all they had too.

·
Registered
839 Posts
i have shot thunderheads since i started hunting 11 years ago. they certainly get the job done, and are one of the sharpest heads out there. some might complain about grouping issues, but most of them dont have their setup tuned right. old or new, i love them all.. i wish i could have found them for $1.50 per pack...

nick

·
Registered
429 Posts
i too have used them for years, i have heard about the grouping issues with them but i do not have problems with them, the only problem i seem to have with them are whem i shoot an animal with them the blades almost always end up missing pieces off of them.

·
Registered
502 Posts
i have a friend that has killed 22 elk in a row and about 15 or 16 antelope in a row he loves them alot

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
thunderhead has been my fixed blade of choice for several years now.
You wont find a sharper blade

·
Registered
636 Posts
I saw the Thunderheads at wallyworld and I swear they were 22.96 per package. Three per package. I found 6 per package at Spoirtsman's Wharehouse for 35 bucks and bought them thinking I saved a load of money. Now I'm pissed! I'll be stopping by wally world on the way home...that's for sure.

My Thunderhead 100s shoot exactly like my 100 gr field tips. I see all brands of broadheads blammed for inaccuracy. It's usually not the broadhead. Sorry.

Nate

·
Registered
566 Posts
one of the best heads ever made, I have used them for a long time and love them, although this year I have switched to slick tricks just to try something different, I still shoot them out of my back up bow. thunderheads have been proven over and over and they have been the demise to more animals than almost any other head.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
I want what I think....

is the best possible broadhead for my setup.
I use Slick tricks right now , and have had absolutely great results.
Prior to the slick tricks which I have used now about four years (I think), I used Thunderhead broadheads exclusively, except for a short time with expandables and have taken countless deer. with them.
Thunderheads are a great broadhead. I was shooting a setup that gave my 306 Ft/Sec for a while and iIgot a little bit of planing with the thunderheads(two inch flyers which is really more than adequate. But around 275-280 Ft/Sec right down to 199 Ft/sec(Yes thats how long I have been bow hunting,) I have got nothing but great things to say about the thunderheads. You stole those broadheads for that price (Wally world is great for those real cheap sales)use them with the utmost confidence. They will do everything you need them to do.

Good Huntin"
One down so far this year 7Pt.
Joe Lorenti

·
Registered
839 Posts
stuckinthemud said:
I saw the Thunderheads at wallyworld and I swear they were 22.96 per package. Three per package. I found 6 per package at Spoirtsman's Wharehouse for 35 bucks and bought them thinking I saved a load of money. Now I'm pissed! I'll be stopping by wally world on the way home...that's for sure.

My Thunderhead 100s shoot exactly like my 100 gr field tips. I see all brands of broadheads blammed for inaccuracy. It's usually not the broadhead. Sorry.

Nate
wow, thats pretty steep for thunderheads.. at wal mart here, they are $16 for a 3 pack, and $26 for a 6 pack...

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
until I made the switch to trad bows and COC heads I only shot thunderheads. They are an awesome broadhead. And anybody that says they have "grouping issues" needs to learn how to tune a bow

Josh

·
Registered
3,528 Posts
Thuderheads group fine...And they are very sharp...Only problem is they are made of totally garbage...They will kill one deer per b-head and that's it...Every deer I shot with thunderheads ended up in a broken and/or bent head...Especially on pass throughs that stuck in the ground...

Of course at that price I'd be ok with that...

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Like the capn' above me, shot them for many years until I changed to a traditional bow.

They would still be fine for it, but I like the "cheap" factor of zwickeys so I can fling them at squirrils and rabbits also.

Always grouped well, sharp, and durable. And back then we knew nothing about broadhead tuning a bow.

·
Registered
154 Posts
thunderheads

I'm one that got caught up in the Muzzy craze a few years back. I switched from the old reliable Thunderheads to the Muzzy. Well, for the past 2 or 3 yrs, it seems like the quality of the Muzzys has dropped. Thy aren't near as sharp as theyuse to be. I switched back this year. I won't be shooting Muzzys again.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Thunderheads!

:thumbs_up I've been shooting Thunderheads for 16yrs and i have no complaints what so ever. I've never had not one problem getting them to tune and hit with my fieldpoints with any setup i've used. They fly like darts, they're tough, extremely sharp out of the package and their performance on game has been excellent for me.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts