Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently made a trip to southern Ohio to hang a tree stand on some land that I now have permission to hunt. When I came out of the woods I was convered by ticks. I hunt NY, and this is not an issue here. How do you guys control these nasty little bugs during hunting season? I can't imagine using bug spray due to scent issues.

·
Banned
6,826 Posts
They are usually gone by hunting season. The big ones you feel and pull off, the Seed ticks you do the best you can till you get home and sit in a tub for 20 minutes.

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
Bad in OH

They seem to be getting worse here in OH. I find them on me about every trip out, luckily before they sink their teeth in. Took two off my daughter earlier this year, not a lot of fun for either of us. She had one on her shoulder and the other buried deep in her thick head of hair.

Like it has been said, by hunting season they are usually gone. I think a good frost would be good to put a hurtin on them.

meat

·
Registered
51 Posts
Do a thread search on ticks and chiggers

There was a thread last week discussing this.

·
outback1
5,057 Posts
down here in NC there BAD,go to the hardware store or sporting goods store and buy a can of permone,spray your boots and clothes with it,dries with o smell and stays active for weeks,I spray it on my hunting cloths and do not have ticks or any other bugs

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
This stuff works great! You can buy it at Cabelas to treat your cloth with and it's odorless.

·
outback1
5,057 Posts
yes thats the stuff,it has permithine in it.you can get it in most sporting goods stores even wally world has it

·
Registered
37,038 Posts
They are a real pain in the but here in NE Pa. as well. Last year I had alot of trouble with them but so far this year they dont seem as bad. I had to be put on meds last year for a tick bite.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts