Archery Talk Forum banner

Ticks!!!!

936 Views 17 Replies 15 Participants Last post by  bear45
I hunted yesterday morning and afterwards went to hang a new stand, unfortunatley I never got the stand hung because I relized I was covered in seed ticks again. I made a Mad dash to the creek to wash them off. 2 weeks ago I got covered as well after I went in to a cedar thicket to recover a doe I shot so I wasnt about to let these ones grab hold of me I had a couple hundred on me easy luckily I got them off quick enough only 4 or 5 got dug in. How late into the year can these things survive I live in southwest missouri you would think they would be dead by know. Is any one else still having problems with them? These are the little ones only about the size of a pinhead .
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
they can make life miserable if the all get locked on. The can really mess up your ankles seems like thats always were i get them worst they stick in your sock and bite the crap out of you.

· JB WELD PRO STAFFER
13,684 Posts
yep ARKANSAS is not safe at all! We need a frost to whipem out!

· Registered
2,517 Posts
I'm glad we don't have them down here in GA. Got a case of them this summer in Iowa and they bother me much more than chiggers do down here.

· can I shoot it?
17,984 Posts
Seed ticks?

I live in south/central Iowa, and have never heard of seed ticks. Are they the common tick that lives all over the place here, or more like the smaller deer ticks? Been out a few times this year so far and haven't found one yet. This summer was a diffrent story altogether.

· Registered
4,635 Posts
DUCT TAPE!!!!!!
]

Carry it, wrap it sticky side out and pat your self Down. :wink:

works like a charm and it leaves Your Hair IN!!!!

· Registered
65 Posts
Cover yourself with "Repel ' Permanone tick repellent great stuff to use. I use up until it frost here in Arkansas. I then buy it as soon as I see it go on sale for the next year it will stay on your Clothes through five to six washes.. great stuff

· Registered
825 Posts
Cover yourself with "Repel ' Permanone tick repellent great stuff to use. I use up until it frost here in Arkansas. I then buy it as soon as I see it go on sale for the next year it will stay on your Clothes through five to six washes.. great stuff
Amen and Amen!!!! I haven't got a seed tick or any tick for that matter in 4 years since I started using that stuff!!!!!! And I am not exaggerating!!! You can get it al wal-mart (usually in the isle with the camping stuff around all the other bug sprays. Just spray it on the night before the hunt and let it dry on your pants and it will not smell but will still KILL the ticks.

Here is the can...

· Registered
825 Posts
That must be an Arkansas thing because it seems like no matter where I see a post pop up about ticks, an Arkansan always recommends Repel. :)

· Registered
734 Posts
That must be an Arkansas thing because it seems like no matter where I see a post pop up about ticks, an Arkansan always recommends Repel. :)
Works in New England too:) I have not had a live tick on my person or in my house since I started using it several years ago. When I get the first deer of the season I spray the garage floor as well. The only ticks I ever see now are dead.

Bob

· Registered
1,234 Posts
Amen and Amen!!!! I haven't got a seed tick or any tick for that matter in 4 years since I started using that stuff!!!!!! And I am not exaggerating!!! You can get it al wal-mart (usually in the isle with the camping stuff around all the other bug sprays. Just spray it on the night before the hunt and let it dry on your pants and it will not smell but will still KILL the ticks.

Here is the can...

What about smell? Even some of the "unscented" stuff has a smell. How do you get around that?

· Registered
461 Posts
I'm glad we don't have them down here in GA. Got a case of them this summer in Iowa and they bother me much more than chiggers do down here.
You have them in Georgia, you just haven't gotten into a patch of them yet. I have lived in MS and now Alabama and there is no way that Georgia doesnt have them.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.