Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so I had a set of strings built and put on my AM. The guy at the shop used something like a very small loop rope, and it's probably a hare less than half the diameter of the #24 he used for the loop. What is that stuff and where can I get more?

·
Registered
4,146 Posts
I ain't quite sure what he used, but I always just use BCY 3D end serving for tied in nock points and tying in the peep. .017 diameter and looks very clean. If not in a hurry you can order it offline. If needed "right now" you can go to Bass Pro.

·
Registered
6,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I've got that, but I wanted some more of the cord to use. Seems much more simple and works pretty well.

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
If I had to guess; it's probably BCY nock and peep thread. It comes in black or red, and if you look up REDHDCHARM here on AT she sells it, and you won't find a nicer person to deal with. Here's her thread in Classifieds:
http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=353639

·
Registered
6,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It was braided more like loop rope, and was white with red and blue streaks, but I've got some of that too, and don't really like that stuff much.

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
The BCY nock & peep thread has three strands braided in it; at least I'm pretty sure it's 3 strands. I've never seen the stuff you're mentioning aside from I believe it's called Diamondback serving material, but that's white with black specs quite often.

·
Registered
6,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well this stuff was like if you took the BCY #24 and shrunk it. Had the braided sheath and the kern center, and he tied the nock points with it the same way you tie on a nock loop, just cut both ends.

·
Maaaaaahh......THWACK!
2,691 Posts
Its 130# braided dycron fishing line. Cabelas has their brand in a 500 yard spool for lik $25. I use it all the time and love it.

·
Registered
612 Posts
I'm wondering if this is more durable than the BCY nock thread. I have had my nock thread wear and start coming loose causing my nock point to move.

·
Registered
8,385 Posts
Its 130# braided dycron fishing line. Cabelas has their brand in a 500 yard spool for lik $25. I use it all the time and love it.
Hey buddy, would you sell me a few yards of that stuff? 500yds is more than i'd ever use. I got Paypal...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts