Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just replaced to factory string on my DXT with a custom one. Now my arrow nocks seem to fit really tightly on the string. I shoot CX Maxxima Hunters. I would assume this would slow my speed somewhat, but don't know if it's enough to be concerned with. Does anyone have any suggestions for after market nocks that will fit my arrows and also fit a little more loosely on my string? Thanks in advance for any help.

·
Tooth, Fang, Claw
6,268 Posts
The easieat thing to do would be to dip the nocks (one at a time while still on the arrow) in some very hot water for a few seconds, then clip them on the string and give it a few seconds to cool. that will usually 'resize' them enough so that they don't fit so tightly. But I'd rather have them a little too snug then a litle too loose.

·
Loving Me Some Spirals!
13,471 Posts
The easieat thing to do would be to dip the nocks (one at a time while still on the arrow) in some very hot water for a few seconds, then clip them on the string and give it a few seconds to cool. that will usually 'resize' them enough so that they don't fit so tightly. But I'd rather have them a little too snug then a litle too loose.
Good tip right there I will have to remember that one

Sent from my Verizon iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
Not a good idea. I used to do that until I had more than one nock bust on release. I was very lucky not to get hurt.

Heating the nock weakens it. :thumbs_do

Use an allen wrench that is slightly larger than the throat of the nock, and rotate the wrench as you push it into the opening. Test each nock by nocking the arrow on the string facing towards the ground, and tap the string right behind the nock. Depending on the tightness you prefer, make sure that each nock separates from the string with the same amount of force. :beer:

·
Registered
8,662 Posts
No heat no sanding out no shove a allen wrench for the cost of a dozen nocks buy some large throat ones. Better yet have your custom string builder serve your string so you have proper nock fit.

·
Premium Member
10,922 Posts
No heat no sanding out no shove a allen man for the cost of a dozen nocks buy some large throat ones. Better yet have your custome string builder serve your string so you have proper nock fit.
The seond part of this post is the best option. Get smaller center serving.

·
Widewater Hunt Club
9,387 Posts
I ended up changing all the TCX nocks on my Maxima Hunters and Blue Streaks to PDP uni bushings and Easton G nocks because they just fit too tight. I shoot more ACC's than anything else, so the G nocks for me are a great choice and a great fit.

·
Registered
5,752 Posts
Oooor just shoot them more and they will loosen up.:noidea:

·
Tooth, Fang, Claw
6,268 Posts
Using hot water doesn't degrad the nocks one bit. Done it for years if I need to and never had any issues. As long as you don't go crazy and heat them up to a point that they get soft. As it takes is just a FEW SECONDS in hot water to resize the nock to your serving. Simplem SAFE, and effective.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts