Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know what they are coming out with for 2014? Maybe some new quivers, or features on last years quivers. If they could make any improvements I would be impressed. Maybe some brand specific quivers or something! Any info would be great!

·
GO UTES!!! ml_lm
8,080 Posts
I've got a new 2014 model, the only change from last year is a foam dampener inside the hood...Joe told me that some guys were complaining of noise & vibration so they're trying to address that, but I personally never seemed to notice any noise/vibe whatsoever with either of my 2012 & 2013 quivers?

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
When you say foam dampener, what do you mean? I hope it's not a big thick block of foam like other quivers. I liked that the tightspot didn't have that. I hope they didn't get suckered into it. Especially since I shoot mechanicals..

·
Registered
12,996 Posts
I wish they could make it a little lighter.
Lighter than 10 oz? That's pretty light! You can use the Hoyt Arrow Rack Shorty, which is basically the same but shorter and lighter.

·
Fat Jesus
29,130 Posts
Lighter than 10 oz? That's pretty light! You can use the Hoyt Arrow Rack Shorty, which is basically the same but shorter and lighter.
I knew someone would say that.... You mean to tell me that you wouldn't like it to be lighter too??
A quiver adds a ton of weight to the Bow when it comes to balance, the lighter the better.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
about the only way to do that is go to carbon on the bracket. which would be awesome
Yep carbon and have a 3 arrow option so your losing weight from a smaller quiver and two less arrows. Im a treestand hunter so it doesn't really matter to me but can see the benefit for a spot and stalk hunter who shoots with the quiver attached.

·
GO UTES!!! ml_lm
8,080 Posts
When you say foam dampener, what do you mean? I hope it's not a big thick block of foam like other quivers. I liked that the tightspot didn't have that. I hope they didn't get suckered into it. Especially since I shoot mechanicals..
I'll take a photo and post it here in a little bit...

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Alright thank you! I like the idea of using a quiver to balance your bow. I never thought of that before seeing the tightspot. I feel like makin it lighter might just make it seem cheaper and not as durable. And it wouldn't benefit the balancing anymore.

·
GO UTES!!! ml_lm
8,080 Posts
It definitely helps improve balance, and once you get one of your own...you'll realize in a hurry that it's not cheap by any means. By the way, here's the photo I promised...the flash on my camera kind of distorted the color a little bit, but behind the rubber hood insert is what appears to be a red piece of foam - if there's anything else up there I couldn't tell ya as I haven't removed the insert to find out.

·
Registered
2,088 Posts
Yes a 3 arrow option would be the best . Broadheads are sold in 3s so I don't need anymore arrows , Heck I only take one shot when hunting anyways .

·
GO UTES!!! ml_lm
8,080 Posts
Doesn't need one in my opinion. Would just add weight. The adjust single gripper holds my arrows very tight.
Completely agree, I've never had an issue with the the security of my arrows while in a tight-spot...those little pressure wedges in the gripper are pretty awesome, absolutely no need for a double gripper in my opinion.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts