Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
Mathews V3 / CBE / Black Gold / Victory / Lacrosse / Sitka Gear / Muddy
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Curious if anyone has used both of these quivers and can weigh in on the pros/cons between them? I know the price is similar so that’s fine by me, more curious about the functionality.

I’m looking to purchase a V3X 33 this summer and want to figure out which quiver to buy. According to the picture I’ve attached from Tight Spot’s website, it looks as though it really is closer than the Mathews quiver..

Thanks
Human Font Poster Publication Advertising
for your input!

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
One thing to keep in mind is regardless of how tight it fits at rest, if it's gonna be in the way of the limb moving inward/downward on the draw cycle, that doesn't really matter since you'll have to move it out anyway.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
397 Posts
Had the shift lock and was not impressed, it's very blocky a touch heavy, loading arrows is typical tight spot. The bottom moves when pushing the arrow in and the second gripper is nice but also a pain to load. I have not found the perfect quiver yet tho

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
Low pro. Its light and fits perfectly. My only complaint is it can be loud when reattaching if youre not careful (metal on metal)
Tight spot is universal so its not designed for any specific bow, the low pro is the opposite so they can shed the extra weight and lose the adjustability.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Had the shift lock and was not impressed, it's very blocky a touch heavy, loading arrows is typical tight spot. The bottom moves when pushing the arrow in and the second gripper is nice but also a pain to load. I have not found the perfect quiver yet tho
Great info, thanks for sharing your experience with it!

Low pro. Its light and fits perfectly. My only complaint is it can be loud when reattaching if youre not careful (metal on metal)
Tight spot is universal so its not designed for any specific bow, the low pro is the opposite so they can shed the extra weight and lose the adjustability.
That’s what I figured, most likely I’ll be buying the Low Pro

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have both and I love the Low Pro on my Mathews! Just seems to melt into the bow. You can make the Tightspot work, but it is a generic quiver.

NC

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
I’ll definitely be buying the Low Pro Detachable

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I hated spending so much on the detachable low pro but after shooting a 3D broadhead shoot this weekend I have zero regrets. It's just rock solid, light and functions so well you forget about it.
Thanks for sharing your experience with it!

·
Registered
98 Posts
Rebranded? Who makes them if not Mathews. Mathews designed these quiver for the v3x specifically

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
I was thinking the same thing, pretty sure Mathews makes all their own accessories. They at least claim to. Having shot both the tight spot and the Mathews low pro detachable, the cam quick disconnect is far superior to tightspot. Additionally, my tightspot started to come apart when it got hot last summer, the glue literally melted and the hood started to pop off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
323 Posts
Rebranded? Who makes them if not Mathews. Mathews designed these quiver for the v3x specifically

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Holding that new one next to I believe a fuse lite it's identical just about. The short ones everyone likes are just rebranded treelimb premiums marked up 50%. Tightspot actual designs quivers. Mathews just puts their name on something & marks it up astronomically.

·
Registered
14,370 Posts
Holding that new one next to I believe a fuse lite it's identical just about. The short ones everyone likes are just rebranded treelimb premiums marked up 50%. Tightspot actual designs quivers. Mathews just puts their name on something & marks it up astronomically.
Nice try... but NO

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 24 Posts