Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
kinda odd question I guess.....I'm not the boxer brief kinda guy( I know TMI)...anyway, I'm big on wicking type underwear like under armor etc, especially for the cold treestand sits...getting sweat off the skin is key to staying warm...we all know that...the question is, what about an elk hunt where its 30 degrees in the a.m. and 80 in the afternoon?...walking/hiking miles makes the balls sweaty, and good suggestions for wicking briefs?

·
Registered
13,077 Posts
There are some awesome undies that Sierra Trading Post sells. I bought them for hunting and then bought another 8 pairs for daily wear as well :) I forgot the name, but if you look on their website, you will find them. I think they were "Terricotta" or some name like that. Super at drying out fast!

·
Registered
9,276 Posts
I haven't found a pair that will do all that. I've tried most of them and still go back to cotton. I'll be interested in what others say too.

·
Registered
513 Posts
I don't bother spending the premium on most UA clothing, but the UA boxer briefs are worth every freaking penny. Hot weather, cold weather, it doesn't matter. They are A+

·
Registered
423 Posts
I don't bother spending the premium on most UA clothing, but the UA boxer briefs are worth every freaking penny. Hot weather, cold weather, it doesn't matter. They are A+
x2 the UnderArmour boxerjocks are superb. They are WAY to expensive at $20 a pair, but like Mark said...worth it. They wick moisture and won't ride, bunch, or shift.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Under Armour are great, but a less exspensive route for the same 95% Poly 5% spandex is Champion at Target and Starter at Walmart. Same meterial and wicking properties and a lot less, about $10.00 @ Target and $8.00 @ Walmart. Read the label and make sure it is the Poly/Spandex because they both make a cheaper Cotton blend that doesn't have any of the
Hi-Tech properties.

·
Registered
3,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Under Armour are great, but a less exspensive route for the same 95% Poly 5% spandex is Champion at Target and Starter at Walmart. Same meterial and wicking properties and a lot less, about $10.00 @ Target and $8.00 @ Walmart. Read the label and make sure it is the Poly/Spandex because they both make a cheaper Cotton blend that doesn't have any of the
Hi-Tech properties.
are they underwear or running shorts? boxers? briefs? interested.....thanks

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
I agree, best I have ever found. I can play golf in them in 100 degree weather or hunt in them in the winter! Best of both worlds

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
well whatever you decide DO NOT wear plain old boxers hunting...i did that once...ONCE!!!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts