Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone running a tightspot quiver on their tradional bow? I've always shot quiver on and am thinking one would give me a lot of adjustability for balancing it just right. Would be putting it in my JC Optimus riser that should be here in a few weeks. Thanks!

·
Registered
12,053 Posts
I've never used one on a stickbow but I have one on my compound. It's the best quiver I've found for that bow, but it wouldn't work on my wood riser recurves. One nice feature is the solid attachment system that lets you take the quiver off in your stand.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Had one on my Titan for awhile but sold it, wanted to like it but couldnt get it as quiet as a Selway or Thunderhorn and was always arranging the fletching to avoid contact with each other. It's a compact quiver and grippers are very close together more for the blazer vane/narrow fletch that the wheel guys use rather than the real fletch we trad guys get into LOL

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys found one here I inquired about. Dropped a message at the local bow shop to see if they had them and if I could shoot my bow with one before I buy. We shall see if they let me do that

·
Registered
528 Posts
I tried one on my recurve, but I gave up due to a couple of issues. I had noise problems with both the foam and rubber inserts. Jamming the arrows into the hood and making the grippers *super* tight helped, but the noise always seemed to come back eventually. The other issue was that I had to constantly re-tighten the clamp that connects to the mount on the riser. It worked perfect on my compound, but my guess is that it didn’t like how much more vibration there was on my recurve. I still really like the design and may try it again eventually, especially since they came out with a 7-arrow model, but for now I’m sticking with two piece quivers.

·
Registered
750 Posts
Hands down my favorite quiver I've used. I use vanes so the concerns about large fletching clearance issues don't really apply to me. Mine locks up tight and hasn't came loose at all in thousands of shots.

Second favorite is the Selway slide on. Those are almost Tite Spot money so no real savings.

Third favorite is the tried and true Kwikee Kwiver.

Fourth favorite would be any of the strap on quivers. Thunderhorn, 3 Rivers, Big Jim, take your pick.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts