Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let's assume your bow is set at even tiller. Your groups are decent at 40 yards, but can be improved. You add 1/4 turn to the top limb bolts (in effect raising the nock). Your groups tighten up. You go another 1/4 turn and bingo...the sweet spot. My question is this: assuming the bow isn't any steadier with a 1/2 turn, would it be better to go back to even tiller and then either raise your nock or lower the rest (assuming clearance is not an issue). Or would you leave the bow as is?

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
i'm not a tech so take this with a grain of salt. I would not keep it like that. I would want to acheive perfect tiller. Change your rest first unless contact becomes an issue the nock point is last.
Bryan

·
Registered
19,164 Posts
I put my nock point where the bow hols best for me and then tune with the rest... In my case even tiller holds much better...

·
Registered
254 Posts
I'm at a miss for a few of your terms but it really makes no diff. If you found the sweet spot keep it.
I keep every sweet spot I can find.
My definition of sweet spot here is the ideal for confort and accuracy. How do you get anybetter than ideal?
Even tiller is not always the best.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts