Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I understand what tiller is, and how to measure. My question is what exactly am I attempting to accomplish when doing this? I understand all liimbs are not equal. Do I want the same measurements? Does it matter if its the top or bottom limb? Maybe I'm not getting as to why its important. Anyone????

·
Registered
7,101 Posts
I did'nt touch this untill now hoping somebody else who's done tiller tuning would chime in.
My .02 on tiller is it checks 2 things depending on how it's done.
If you put a straight-edge from axle to axle and measure back to the bow, it's checking limb equality.
If you measure back from the string it checks cam position on a dual cam or hybrid like a hoyt cam.5
Beyond that I don't know much about tiller except you can raise or lower the nocking point with the limb bolts depending on which one and which direction you turn, so fine tuning a nockpoint is a function of tillering.
TTT for one with more info.

·
Registered
101 Posts
tiller tunning...hum well its something like this since ive tinkered with it a few weeks ago on my ultra elite.on your bow manual it states to " set tiller as even to each other", but thats not the case, cause if you look at your bow the center of the bow is not the same from top to bottom.now do this, when you draw your bow back it probrably lifts up when coming to full draw, why?
cause the top limb is exerting more force than the bottom one is, hence the poor holding " on target".
now if you add a 1/4 turn to your bottom limb, and note( WHEN DOING THIS NEVER FORGET TO RESET YOUR NOCK POINT CAUSE IT CHANGES REGARDLES OF TOP OR BOTTOM LIMB)
shoot and see if it holds better, if not add another 1/4 turn( move nock) and keep going until you find a good spot and hold steady.
in my case i added a full turn + on bottom limb and love it.
if it doesnt work out, reset all and try the top cam, it may work even better.
the reason i added more to my bottom limb it allows for the limb to have more power than top limb to counter act the " lifting up at draw"
just my 2 cents
feel free to corect me.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts