Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I recently installed a Tilt Tamer on my 2010 Hoyt Alphaelite after recommendations from Tim Guillingham and Joe Marzullo. I was having issues, in particular, with tuning my outdoor arrows and was asking for opinions. Tim suggested trying the Tilt Tamer. After installing it most of the issues I was facing were completely solved. I really see how the cable load can affect the tune of a bow. The Tilt Tamer made getting the center shot on my bow a lot easier and in no time I was getting clean holes through paper and walk back tuning. I have been able to get some arrows to tune now that before wouldn't come close.

I just wanted to say thank you, to Tim and Joe for all their help getting me set up, and Joe for making such an excellent product!

If anyone has any questions feel free to pm me.

Thanks,

Glen Brazell

·
Registered
5,077 Posts
Nice.
At full draw how is the sight picture? Is there any part of the cables visually obstructing any of the scope? I'm guessing there has to be some, even though its not an issue to most.

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
....also, what were the other alternatives Tim mentioned?
Nothing really just his normal tuning. Powder test, paper tune, and maybe a little bit of bareshaft and walk back tune. He just said how nice the Tilt Tamer was to get arrows to tune, and now that I have one I see what he is talking about. It just makes it quicker and easier to get clean holes through paper and better walk back tuning. I have also been able to get some of my more picky arrows that wouldn't paper tune before to do so now.

·
Registered
3,895 Posts
I have had no adverse affects either!

·
Registered
7,714 Posts
Can somebody post a pic of the tilt tamer? Been hearing about it but don't have a clue what it is and I don't feel doing a search.

·
Registered
13,883 Posts
I have 3 tilt tamers on all of my bows...AM35, AM 32 and Katera....It is one of the things that I think will change the face of archery...I cant believe how easy it is to tune any bow with a cable rod , incliding binaries..

Great invention and the inventor is one of the nicest guys I have ever talked to on the phone...

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
i have 3 tilt tamers on all of my bows...am35, am 32 and katera....it is one of the things that i think will change the face of archery...i cant believe how easy it is to tune any bow with a cable rod , incliding binaries..

Great invention and the inventor is one of the nicest guys i have ever talked to on the phone...
x2!

1 - 20 of 77 Posts