Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just want to say that I don't think I'm a better hunter/archer than this guy but if you look up videos of him shooting targets there is only one where he is shooting at 30 yards no sights but that's it. Showed my buddy who isn't into archery some of the videos and all he did was laugh and say his videos are like our duck hunting vid that was edited years ago, I edited out every cripple and every miss unless the bird was killed by a follow up shot and the people who have seen the video think that we rarely miss when in fact we are shell burners. Since Tim doesn't have any target videos leads me to believe he always has a camera follow him around while he bombs and slings carbon through the woods till he gets lucky, I know he is extremely talented but I also know he must cripple a lot of big game trying to get those "trick shots" for the camera.

Just wondering your thoughts on this guy?

·
Livin' in a van....
8,476 Posts
I wouldn't get too worried about it. he's just a man. He doesn't affect how you hunt. Whether he's a crappy shot or not is of no consequence to you or I.

Much bigger things to worry about in this world

·
Registered
8,887 Posts
Pretty sure he can shoot himself in the leg with one shot/throw

·
Registered
425 Posts
I've hunted,shot 3d and indoor with him. He's good. He still owes me a stake dinner for a 110 yard shot I made on a turkey target years ago in MO.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

·
Bonehunter
8,848 Posts
I've hunted,shot 3d and indoor with him. He's good. He still owes me a stake dinner for a 110 yard shot I made on a turkey target years ago in MO.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
So he's a welcher on bets, and a bad shot ?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
567 Posts
And here I thought he was ok. Shoots light arrows from the required less than 60 pound bow. Dang. I wish archery talk could figure out who is perfect so I can dream of being a real archery hunter.

Sent from my KYOCERA-E6820 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8,887 Posts
And here I thought he was ok. Shoots light arrows from the required less than 60 pound bow. Dang. I wish archery talk could figure out who is perfect so I can dream of being a real archery hunter.

Sent from my KYOCERA-E6820 using Tapatalk
Give it a few pages, you'll figure it out

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
To each his own. I could care less about his ability as an archer. I do care about people who could be called "Ambassadors" of hunting. His channel is highly visible, and I think almost everyone can agree that his persona is not that of someone we would want representing the rest of us.

·
Registered
8,994 Posts
To each his own. I could care less about his ability as an archer. I do care about people who could be called "Ambassadors" of hunting. His channel is highly visible, and I think almost everyone can agree that his persona is not that of someone we would want representing the rest of us.
I watched his edited videos a few times over the years, but I couldn't spend 5 minutes with him.

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
kstigall's Alba gif is pretty legit. Zap probably has to catch his breath after each time he sees his lol

It will be shut down soon enough lol
I suck my gut in every time I see kstigalls post. :darkbeer:

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
If he's on TV then he's an entertainer. I don't expect him to actually be what's portrayed on TV any more than I expect Ben Affleck to actually wear a bat suit & fight crime. It's entertainment. Don't make it more than it really is.

·
Registered
12,164 Posts
That's true. There is no room for someone who likes to have fun and doesn't take themselves too seriously. :plain:

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
That's true. There is no room for someone who likes to have fun and doesn't take themselves too seriously. :plain:
It's not even about having fun. It's about the fact that we as hunters are in a continual battle for our rights. I can respect the "IDGAF" attitude, but it's not doing him or the rest of us any favors. The reality is that the average American isn't a hunter. And for every NRA or RMEF there countless Sierra Clubs out there battling to severely limit or completely eradicate hunting.

We can have differing opinions of Tim, and that's fine. I'm not discrediting him as a person. I'm simply saying that if you were to try and sway a non-hunter or even an anti-hunter through video media, Tim Wells is way down the list of people who would be good in that role.

1 - 20 of 95 Posts